Answered

Best surround speakers for Sonos Beam

• 9 January 2021
  • 5 replies

Hi,

New on here and just looking for some advice, recently got a beam which I love but torn on which rear speakers to get?

I am tempted by one SL’s as I can get discount on them and their size will help them blend in but as I don’t intend to get the subwoofer I’m also considering the IKEA Symfonisks, I’ve read these produce more bass than the one, is this correct? Their price is obviously more attractive too but the size of them not so much.

Is the difference in sound quality of the ones worth the extra money when it comes to rears? Thanks 

icon

Best answer by Annazel S 9 January 2021, 22:49

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @GennySavastano.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community! We’d be glad to help.

It would be best to reach out to our Sales Team, for they have all the resources to give you the best answer specifically with the prices, and discuss it with you in real-time. You may give them a call or send an email with the image of your floor plan for assessment as well to provide you the best option.

In addition, some of the community members might provide their suggestions and recommendations about this anytime soon.

If you have any questions,  feel free to reach out.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I’m happy with my One SLs, in TV mode they are more than adequate.

If you need more low end the Sub is your only good option with the Beam, with or without surrounds.

Hi,

New on here and just looking for some advice, recently got a beam which I love but torn on which rear speakers to get?

I am tempted by one SL’s as I can get discount on them and their size will help them blend in but as I don’t intend to get the subwoofer I’m also considering the IKEA Symfonisks, I’ve read these produce more bass than the one, is this correct? Their price is obviously more attractive too but the size of them not so much.

Is the difference in sound quality of the ones worth the extra money when it comes to rears? Thanks 

There is no difference in sound quality between the One and the One SL.  The only difference is the One has voice control capability, the One SL does not.  And since voice control on surrounds is not active when bonded with the Beam, there is really no reason to purchase Ones over the One SLs.

Badge +3

There is no difference in sound quality between the One and the One SL.  The only difference is the One has voice control capability, the One SL does not.  And since voice control on surrounds is not active when bonded with the Beam, there is really no reason to purchase Ones over the One SLs.

I think his question was more along the lines of One SL vs Symphonisk for surrounds and whether the bass is greater in one over the other and overall which would be a better match for the beam.  I’d be curious as to this as well since I have a beam I’m running solo right now and am planning on running some rears, either a pair of Ones or a pair of Symphonisks. 

I think his question was more along the lines of One SL vs Symphonisk for surrounds and whether the bass is greater in one over the other and overall which would be a better match for the beam.  I’d be curious as to this as well since I have a beam I’m running solo right now and am planning on running some rears, either a pair of Ones or a pair of Symphonisks. 

Right you are.  I misunderstood.  Good catch.