Best Setup for Yoga Studio

• 15 February 2024
  • 3 replies

Hey folks, 

I’m currently planning out the setup for our new yoga/fitness studio and hope to get some feed back from you.

Status Quo

The room is quite big, 10m x 10m, with 3,70m ceilings. Only one pillar in the middle.

Requirement

Most of the classes will be quite with ambient music only, but some of them will be HIIT-bodyweight workouts. Therefore it should be a louder to motivate them, so a little bit of power is needed. 

Thoughts

I was thinking of putting Fives in every corner at almost max height, vertical, facing down. 

Even duh I’m using UniFi AP Pro in the main room, I’m thinking of going ethernet to each Five. The Sub can be placed in the center back or on the sides in the back. 

On the picture you can see the yogamats facing 

Questions

• Is this even enough? Do I need more?
  • Another Sub?
  • Shall I put some Era100 in the middle of the room on the pillar facing outwards? 
  • Do we need more Subs?
  • Am I using the wrong products completly? 

Floorplan

Thank you very much in advance!

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I’d angle the fives to face the center of the room, and maybe 45 degrees off vertical.

Your Sub is going to bond to just one Five so I’d put it in a corner where you get the most acoustic reinforcement. If it is still a bit less than you want a second Sub bonded to the Five diagonally across the room would be the most help.

I’d angle the fives to face the center of the room, and maybe 45 degrees off vertical.

Your Sub is going to bond to just one Five so I’d put it in a corner where you get the most acoustic reinforcement. If it is still a bit less than you want a second Sub bonded to the Five diagonally across the room would be the most help.

Hey Stanley,

thank you very much for your quick reply! Do you think I need more power? Should I add Era100s on the pillar in the middle?

thank you very much! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Easy to add more later if needed, I’d go with your proposed four Fives and a Sub and see how it goes.

Two, or better four 100s on the central pillar, aimed straight out and down a bit, would even out the sound levels in that space but I’d not get them unless they are needed. You’d also need the Ethernet dongles to hook them to your wired system. You could run just one Ethernet out there and add an inexpensive dumb Ethernet switch to split out the connection.

Depending on your country Sonos has a free return period so you should be able to test both the Five, Sub and 100 setups. If they fail to meet your needs you could switch to a Sonos Port and go to a commercial amplifier and speaker setup. Expensive and likely best to hire a professional to set that up as you aren’t likely to be able to return that gear.