Architectural speaker in cabintry

• 24 March 2021
  • 3 replies

I am considering putting a couple of Sonos rectangular architectural speakers in this cabinet banister thing and connecting them to a Sonos Amp. Does anyone see any reason why this wont work? Or should I look at a different option?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

Hi @Hubinator 

My answer is Yes and No. 

Yes, it can be done.

No, if heat from the oven will dissipate upwards into that cavity. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Under it, facing down would be iffy from both cooking heat and moisture.

Mounting on the front, facing out into the room would likely be a lot better. You’d get some heat and moisture but far less.

Either place beware rattles. A good ¾” particle board backer for the speaker hole would be a good thing. If necessary cut it into sections to get it inside the cavity and glue it back together and down.

Under it, facing down would be iffy from both cooking heat and moisture.

Mounting on the front, facing out into the room would likely be a lot better. You’d get some heat and moisture but far less.

The plan is to mount it on the front facing outward into the room. I never even gave the heat/moisture a thought. So i will keep that in mind as well.