Arc Backorder Progress

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

288 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Just to have something to do I set up the pair of One SL and the Sub, hooked up the Sonos app to music services etc. I have the stands for the SLs do I could also get those put together.

I saw somewhere that packages over 120cm may be considered ‘oversize’ and the Arc looks to be 20x22x130cm or roughly 8x8x51 inches. Just over 4 feet long but pretty compact in other dimensions and not too heavy. Doesn't seem worth shuttling it back and forth to just deliver it at some magical point in the future. 

As a custom installer I purchase through distibution. I have had the Arc, Sub and Amps on order for months with multiple suppliers and have not been able to fill any of my customers orders due to Sonos stocking issues. I have had customers cancel orders because they do not want to wait any longer. I have lost thousands due to the ongoing delays. I (We) would appreciate an honest answer not the canned responses I see as to when we can expect to see product instock and shipping. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

@HT_Junkie @StrongmanAC Wow, quite an explosion of replies here but seems mainly from third party resellers.  I waited on the phone to complain to Purolator on Saturday about a 4-7 delay they put on the Arc (Ordered Oct 5, order cleared Nov 23, received the Sub 25th, One SL 27th) while I put together the stands/One SLs.  I have no idea if it made any difference, probably not, but my Arc came at 9:30 this morning (Monday Nov 30).

The deliver guy was actually standing at the door filling in details not the toss and run of the other items as well.

I did encounter long wait times for my initial contacts with the support at Sonos, but I had a crazy issue with my card, they really went the extra mile to help get it sorted, called me back twice (two separate support people), and in general were just fantastic.  I wasn’t happy about the initial delays but I have nothing but good things to say about the Sonos team.  Now I’ll get this setup sometime tonight and will no doubt be on other threads asking my newbie questions on various subjects ;-).

I ordered  my arc,sub and ones on Nov 8th and at that time said shipping Dec. 8th.  This afternoon i  went from backorder to order processsing to shipped with tracking numbers  in 2 hours 

Finally went from backorder to processing yesterday to shipped today with 3 tracking numbers within 24 hours. Super excited !! FYI - Located in Canada, BC

Userlevel 1

Update here.  Recieved notification from Sonos that my arc and sub would arrive on Nov 27th.

Purolator then said nov 30th.  

30th rolled around and only the sub showed.  I think here the dimensions of the arc made it special delivery, and it ended up showing Dec 2nd...  So just about 55 days since the order.  Thankfully I held out on the surround ones, and have picked those up for black Friday.  My discount code was better overall then the deal for arc+sub alone.  

Good luck to all who are waiting.  SO Happy I went with the sub too!

I ordered  my arc,sub and ones on Nov 8th and at that time said shipping Dec. 8th.  This afternoon i  went from backorder to order processsing to shipped with tracking numbers  in 2 hours 

Update-- Typical bad luck for me   shipped nov 30   scheduled delivery to NY 12/7   2 of the 3 boxes are 40 miles from my house and 1 box  hasnt updated on Fed ex site since 12/1 and still says its in California  :(

Ordered 5.1.2 set in white on Nov 27th for delivery in PA, it got shipped today on Dec 8th. Got 3 tracking numbers, estimated delivery is Dec 11th. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Ordered 5.1.2 set in black on Nov 26th for delivery to WI, no news; still says processing. Originally, it said December 18th (can’t remember if that was ship date or delivery date). Hope they don’t differentiate between those of us using 30% ‘coupons’ and those full price orders.

Does anyone have an update for European (UK) Purchasers?

Ordered 26-Nov and the order status simply says “Backordered”.

Some form of ETA would be a bit of comfort, I certainly thought I would get it before Christmas?

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Update: just got notice it shipped on the 9th and will be here in WI on the 15th. 3 days early, well done. Looking forward to enjoying the definitive Xmas movie-Die Hard on it once set up. 

Update: just got notice it shipped on the 9th and will be here in WI on the 15th. 3 days early, well done. Looking forward to enjoying the definitive Xmas movie-Die Hard on it once set up. 

Ordered 5.1.2 set in white on Nov 27th for delivery in PA, it got shipped today on Dec 8th. Got 3 tracking numbers, estimated delivery is Dec 11th. 

I placed my order on Nov. 25th. for delivery to CA. I guess Sonos is not filling orders by time order was placed.  I am still waiting on tracking numbers or an expected delivery date. As others have mentioned an ETA would provide a bit of comfort other than just “backorder”. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @pchump502.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community, We appreciate your time and effort in posting your concern here in our community.

For follow-up orders, it would be better if you contact directly our sales team since we don't have access to check the status of your order here in the community.

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

I placed my order on Nov. 25th. for delivery to CA. I guess Sonos is not filling orders by time order was placed.  I am still waiting on tracking numbers or an expected delivery date. As others have mentioned an ETA would provide a bit of comfort other than just “backorder”. 

same here, I placed my order on 24th Nov, for delivery to CA. The current status still shows as Backorder :( hoping to get it soon.

Hi @pchump502.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community, We appreciate your time and effort in posting your concern here in our community.

For follow-up orders, it would be better if you contact directly our sales team since we don't have access to check the status of your order here in the community.

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

I tried this a week ago, filled out the message with my order details, and have heard nothing back from the sales team. Some feedback information, even bad, is better than none at all.  

Badge +1

Hi @worders.

Thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community.

Due to the pandemic, there might be a slight delay with the shipment.

You can freely call our sales team 1800-680-2345 to verify the status of your order.

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Thank God for the pandemic. Otherwise, Sonos would have to admit they suck as a company.

Badge +1

Don’t, count on it, Jeffrey. Sonos packages have a way of disappearing. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Don’t, count on it, Jeffrey. Sonos packages have a way of disappearing. 

Gotta have faith for a xmas miracle. Although only one is showing leaving CA 

I ordered on 11/23, the original email said it should ship around 12/11.  When I called yesterday they told me it wouldn’t ship till February (although it was not a sales person).  I’ve tried DMing on Twitter, Calling, and filling out the form online, but no response yet.  I would just like to know the ballpark for shipping, if it’s truly February it looks like the local best buy will have some in next week, so I could cancel my order.  

Badge

Anyone here purchase through Visions Electronics in Canada? 

I purchased an Arc order in Sept 2020 at the time I was told to expect 8 weeks for it to arrive.

Further to frustrations with it not arriving to date I spoke with the location manager. He’s feeding a line that Sonos hasn’t sent any stock to Visions since July 2020. It seems very unreasonable that Sonos would not be sending stock to vendors who have placed orders/ sold purchases for several months, but yet have been fulfilling orders to other vendors/ web sales that were placed weeks to months after.

Can anyone from Sonos address this concern with something other then to speak with Visions who is clearly blaming Sonos at the moment for under delivering. 

Sincerely a very frustrated customer.

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Can someone clarify this. I got 3 FedEx tracking numbers but only one shows movement. The other two show they have not arrived at the tracking facility. Is this normal where there is one master tracking number or should I be worried?

Can someone clarify this. I got 3 FedEx tracking numbers but only one shows movement. The other two show they have not arrived at the tracking facility. Is this normal where there is one master tracking number or should I be worried?

I am in the same boat. Have 3 FedEx tracking numbers, but only one shows movement. The other two still say that updates will come when the package actually arrives at the FedEx facility. The ETA for all 3 remains this week, despite only one seemingly making its way. Not sure what to make of all this. 

I am in the same boat. Have 3 FedEx tracking numbers, but only one shows movement. The other two still say that updates will come when the package actually arrives at the FedEx facility. The ETA for all 3 remains this week, despite only one seemingly making its way. Not sure what to make of all this. 

Let me guess - the tracking numbers for the missing packages have an Arc?

Same, I got a tracking number on Thursday and it hasn’t been received by Fedex yet. I got charged and everything. 

If the tracking number doesn’t update by tomorrow, I’ll be very concerned. My guess is that they printed out a bunch of shipping labels but haven’t actually shipped the packages. 

I have finally had some feedback from my contact with the sales team, no reasons just that the expected availability for the Black Arc is now 29th January :astonished:

No other detail, the only saving grace is that they haven’t taken the money upfront.
Not very impressed that it has taken 10 days for the little nugget of information to come through. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Update: got a notice my second tracking number is on its way to be delivered on December 21st. No news on the third. Have no idea which ones are which. Only hope that arc is 1 or 2, otherwise its like getting a car without the keys. Can’t really do much with a sub by itself. Could use the One SLs but I don’t need them for any other purpose than my home theater.