Answered

another sonos five

• 22 May 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi i currently have a sonos five and two sonos one SL's

connected together playing in my dining room im thinking of adding another sonos five to that setup and stereo pair them just wondering will it make a big difference to what ive already got which is pretty awesome.

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 22 May 2021, 01:19

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

Adding a second Five to create another stereo pair would make a pretty big difference and actually might be too much when combined with a pair of One SLs in a dining room. You might consider keeping the pair of Fives in the dining room and moving the other pair into another room.

Hi GuitarSuperstar

yeah I was thinking of combining all of them together but your right it would be abit overkill as would ive got at the moment is pretty cool

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I’ve done it both ways.

For pure music listening the single stereo pair is usually better as long as you can sit in the sweet spot. Two Fives will be far better than paired One SLs.

When you can’t sit in the preferred location or there are a number of folks, like around the dining table, a four speaker setup often gives a more even volume level to the sound field.

In a dining room, I’m thinking fairly small 20x20 or less, four Sonos One SLs in the corners might provide the best shared listening.

You’d have to fool with it to see if mono sounded better than the stereo options and if swapping the right and left on one pair sounded better than non-swapped. Of course run TruePlay at every change and try several listening positions. Maybe go mono until you are bored, then play around?

The pair of Fives raises the same sound field issues as the One SLs, you’d want to try them in the various modes and different locations to get the optimum sound for your needs.

Some of my rooms have speakers in very odd places but they sound good, were easy to place and power and of course the big issue, met with spousal approval.