Question

Amplifier for five single point stereo speakers

• 24 February 2018
  • 4 replies

I have nine Truaudio PDP-8 in-ceiling speakers in the house, five of which are in the same zone. Since each speaker is single point stereo, is there an amplifier on the market that can drive these five speakers at the same time, with a Sonos Connect? The alternative is to buy multiple connect:amp's which can quickly become costly.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Interesting question. How were driving the nine (9) speakers before now or are they currently in operation? If in operation...then via what means.

You might try two of these with two (2) Sonos Connect: AMP's as long as the speakers do not exceed 8 ohms. You'll probably have to let go of one speaker.

Click the link for more info
https://www.amazon.com/Audio-8-Zone-Speaker-Distribution-Channel/dp/B007U2GVXQ/ref=sr_1_20?ie=UTF8&qid=1519514200&sr=8-20&keywords=distribution+amplifiers

Cheers!
It’s a new house so I’m connecting the speakers for the first time. Am I right in assuming that what you’re linking to is some sort of a switch to connect 8 speakers to an amplifier, e.g a connect:amp? I think the connect:amp can only drive two of these single point stereo speakers, right? So I’m looking for an amplifier that can supply 5 of the speakers simultaneously. The remaining
4 are in two different zones so they don’t need to be able play music at the same time.
This sort of box will be more convenient to use because it allows individual Room Volume adjustment.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I agree with Buzz - I have one of those Russound type ones that I used to use and worked very well. Great in that you can independently control on/off and volume to each zone.