We’re in the process of updating our kitchen/living/diner area and we are installing 6x ceiling mounted speakers (the area is around 80m2). I’m just trying to work out what Sonos equipment I need to achieve the following:
• 2 ‘zones’ – 1 zone that will serve 4 ceiling speakers, the other zone will serve 2 ceiling speakers
• Zone 1 (TV Zone) – QLED TV with Sonos soundbar & 2x ceiling speakers
• Zone 2 (Music Zone) – 1x turntable, PC & Smart devices
• The ability to connect the 2 ‘zones’ so the same music can be output across both ‘zones’
I already have 6x Dali Phantom E60 ceiling speakers. The equipment I’m thinking of purchasing is listed below:
• 2x New Sonos AMP – Available February
• 1x Sonos Playbar
• 1x Samsung 65” QLED TV - QE65Q9FNATXXU
Can I connect the Sonos Playbar and 2x ceiling speakers directly to AMP1 and then connect the TV to AMP1 via HDMI-ARC? Is that the only I would need between the TV and AMP?
With AMP2 I plan to purchase 2-way speaker switch to allow connectivity to the 4x ceiling speakers. Other than that, AMP2 should be straightforward as I only to have a turntable, PC and smart devices connected to it.
Does the above setup sound OK? Any thoughts, advice appreciated.