Adding to Sonos Arc for Music

• 15 October 2022
  • 4 replies

Hi All - Just started my journey into using Sonos following some research and guidance. I’ve purchased an Arc for TV viewing and impressed compared with flat screen speakers. However, I need to improve on the Music atmosphere in the same room as the Arc (base seems lacking for my taste for general Pop music). I know general guidance for music depends on what music you play so a good example is Kyrie by Mr Mister using Apple Music. This song has vocals, base, stage, etc. Question then, should I consider adding pair of Sonos One SL or Sub Gen 3 or some other configuration (reluctant to add both at this stage)? Thanks all for any feedback.

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

In my opinion you best add the sub. That way the arc focusses on the mids and treble while the sub takes care for the low frequenties. 

@Matt5,
Yes, I would add the Sub too, to begin with, but maybe have a look at the Sonos refurbished products to see what’s available - they come with the same guarantee and you perhaps maybe able to afford both the sub and surrounds as a complete package, which sounds great …and will be delivered in time for the festive/holiday season.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

I did receive my sub gen2 refurbished last week for adding it as a 2nd sub in my setup. You can’t tell the difference between new and refurbished. Refurbished are components which returned in the 100 day policy, they told me in my case. 

Very happy with it, hope my neighbour will tolerate it too 🤭

Thank you for the prompt response all. Good advice. Looks like Sub Gen 3 is the preference then (to get the ‘bass’ - sorry for the typo in my question!).