Answered

add surrounds

• 5 February 2023
  • 4 replies

I would like to add surrounds to my arc and sub. I have a couch that is against a wall with no room to add play 1’s as surrounds. It looks like only way would be to use in wall speakers. I'd appreciate any input as to speakers to use as well as how to connect to Sonos arc. I'd like good sound but not looking to break the bank with setup. Thank you. 

icon

Best answer by Jamie A 6 February 2023, 17:45

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @Paule77, welcome to the Sonos Community!

If you want to add In-Wall speakers to your system and use them as rear surrounds, then that is possible with the Sonos Amp. You would bond the Arc and Amp in the Sonos App and they would connect via 5Ghz to play TV sound together. You can view our surround guidelines and limitations on what will work as surround speakers.

You don’t have to use the speakers we sell on Sonos.com either, as long as the speakers you use have a power rating of at least 125W for 8 ohm speakers, and at least 200W for 4 ohm speakers, you’ll be able to use them with the Amp without issue. Our Sonos Amp user guide will have more information on the connections and usage.

I hope this information helps!

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Would the IKEA picture speakers be an option?

They are compatible with Sonos and would work as surrounds.

SYMFONISK

They would only require power sockets as they connect to the Arc wirelessly. They are around the same price as ones… cheaper than an Amp and speakers, less complicated / costly installation.

Thank you so much for your response. I just looked at the IKEA speakers and they look fairly large in size. My wife will have a fit lol. Do you know if any other speakers that would connect directly to the arc wirelessly without an amp. I don't mind having the surrounds installed in the wall but really don't want to add on the cost of the amp as well. 

Only SONOS speakers can connect wirelessly to ARC.