Badge +5

I have a project coming up 

Need Suggestion 

Zone 1 - 2 In Celling Speaker  Non Sonos 

Zone 2 - 2 In Celling Speaker - Non Sonos

Zone 3 - Bang&olufsen A9 - Non Sonos 

Zone 4 - 2 Outdoor Speaker - Non Sonos

Zone 5 - Bang&olufsen A6 - Non Sonos  

If a have to create 5 Zones , then how many Sonos Port I have to use ? 

And do I required Sonos Amp also for In Celling Speakers ? 

And is it possible to use Bang&olufsen Products with Sonos Port , when Bang&olufsen products is self has an multiroom built in ?? 

Please Suggest  

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 6 July 2021, 11:40

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

11 replies

Userlevel 7

You need 3 Amps and 2 Ports:

Zone 1 - 2 In Celling Speaker - Sonos Amp

Zone 2 - 2 In Celling Speaker - Sonos Amp

Zone 3 - Bang&olufsen A9 - Sonos Port

Zone 4 - 2 Outdoor Speaker - Sonos Amp

Zone 5 - Bang&olufsen A6 - Sonos Port

The Sonos Ports will connect via B&O line in ports.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Thanks so much for the reply , 

But 1 Question -  if we connect Bang&Olufsen Speakers to Sonos Port , then do we have to increase the volume from Bang&olufsen APP or we can control everything from Sonos App. 

Please suggest.  

Userlevel 7

If you set the Line Out Level setting on the Port to Variable, you can adjust the volume using the Sonos app. Read more here:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3652?language=en_US

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi GuitarSuperstar , Thanks for all the answers and suggestions  

Just wanted to ask , so on every zone I have to use Sonos Amp ?? 

and only for B&O products I have to use the Port 

Userlevel 7

If you want each set of speakers to act as its own zone, then you need to get three Amps and two Ports:

Zone 1 - 2 In-Celling Speakers - Sonos Amp

Zone 2 - 2 In-Celling Speakers - Sonos Amp

Zone 3 - Bang & Olufsen A9 - Sonos Port only (No Sonos Amp)

Zone 4 - 2 Outdoor Speakers - Sonos Amp

Zone 5 - Bang & Olufsen A6 - Sonos Port only (No Sonos Amp)

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hello Guitar Superstar 

I have 1 more Query would you please suggest me 

Zone 1 - Bang&Olufsen Speaker - Beolab 18 - 1 Pair 

Zone 2 - Sonance In Celling Speaker - 1 Pair  with Sonos SUB  

Zone 3 - Sonance Out Door Speaker - 1 Pair  

Zone 4 - Sonance In Celling Speaker - 1 pair with 3rd party Subwoofer   

according to you how many ports or amp we required in this setup could please help me thanks. 

Userlevel 7

You would need one Port and three Amps:

Zone 1 - Bang&Olufsen Speaker - Beolab 18 - 1 Pair - Sonos Port

Zone 2 - Sonance In-Ceiling Speaker - 1 Pair with Sonos SUB - Sonos Amp

Zone 3 - Sonance Outdoor Speaker - 1 Pair - Sonos Amp  

Zone 4 - Sonance In-Ceiling Speaker - 1 pair with 3rd party Subwoofer - Sonos Amp

if the speakers in your zone are wireless/active (have an amp built in), then you want to use a Port for that zone.  If the speakers in your zone are wired/passive (no amp built in), then you need to use a Port.

Zone 1 - Port

Zone 2 - Amp

Zone 3 - Amp

Zone 4 - Amp.

A couple additional notes:

• Technically, for your passive speaker zones, you can also use a Port+ 3rd party amp instead of the Sonos Amp. This doesn’t really save much money usually, is a little more complicated, and does not allow for any Trueplay tuning.
  • You will be able to Trueplay tune your Sonance ceiling speakers, but not the outdoor speakers.
  • Just my opinion, but mixing B&O smart speakers with Sonos isn’t the best idea. You aren’t using the wireless/smart abilities of the B&O/Beolab speakers, it makes more sense to use passive speakers with an amp instead.  I can’t say I’m that familiar with the multi-thousand dollar speaker market, but I image there are some really nice looking passive speakers that will meet the aesthetic requirements while giving you more straightforward control.
Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hello Guitar Superstar

Cane we connect karaoke mic with Sonos ARC and also if we are using Sonos Surround setup like 

Arc+SUB+Five can we use mic please suggest. 

If you are using a karoke setup that sends audio output to your TV via HDMI, you should be fine.  There are karoke products out there that send audio via bluetooth or RCA audio cables, which will not work with the Arc.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hello melvimbe  thanks for your reply 

I wanted to ask that if I wanted to connect mic to TV  and the sound will come to Sonos speakers , so how I will connect the mic TV ? 

Because these days all the karaoke tracks are available on YouTube so I just want to connect the mic to TV not to ARC , so what would be the setup could please suggest.