Answered

3 speakers. 1 amp. fade left to right

• 2 March 2022
  • 1 reply

Hey. Noob here. 

in the process of building my house and am gonna add some Sonos to the equation. 

i want to run

2 speakers in my bedroom and 1 in my ensuite off the same Sonos amp. 

i want to have the ability to listen to either (2)bedroom or (1)ensuite or all 3 at the same time. They will be on the same zone and don’t need to listen to any other audio sources separately. 

is there any way this is possible using the balance L&R on the EQ? or in dual mono? 

my other option is a dual volume control and just turn down one or the other when I don’t want it In use. 

Open to suggestions. 

thanks. 

icon

Best answer by melvimbe 2 March 2022, 14:45

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

First suggestion is to use a 4 wire stereo speaker for your ensuite.  Even if you only use mono at first, it’s worth having the flexibility for future upgrade.

As for you plan, putting the amp in dual mono mode and controlling volume by balance should work in theory, but it’s going to be horrible to manage.  Your going to have to dig into settings often to change the balance, then change the volume, respectively to get the volume you want in both spaces.  It will get annoying rather quickly.

You could get volume control wall switches, but in my opinion, that defeats the point of being able to control volume for the app.

If it were, I would just bite the bullet and get the second amp.  Or, don’t go with ceiling speakers in the bathroom, go with a single or pair of Sonos Ones.  Since you’re having the house built, have outlets placed on the wall where you want to mount speakers so they don’t take up counter space, if that’s a concern.