Answered

Connecting Bluetooth turntable with pre-amp to Sonos

• 19 April 2024
  • 4 replies

Hi, I’m looking for some support as to the product needs to get my Project bluetooth turntable with phono pre-amp to easily connect with my Sonos system. Below is what I have and plan to buy to create a surround sound experience for both TV and Vinyl but I’m not sure if I need the Port so I can easily flip between vinyl or TV connection? 

Do I need anything else to seemlessly connect all sound devices (TV, Turntable) to Sonos speakers?

Here’s what I have:

Planning to get:

• (2) Sonos Era 100

icon

Best answer by AjTrek1 19 April 2024, 22:35

View original

4 replies

The Line-In and Bluetooth functions are disabled in Era speakers used for surrounds.  So you will need another device with a Line-In, Port, Amp, Five Era 300 or another Era 100 (Eras require the extra adapter).

Userlevel 7

Hi

The Sonos Era Series 300/100 are not compatible with a Playbar as surround speakers. Sonos does have Sonos One’s on sale now in limited quantity. So hurry if you still want surround with your Playbar.

You can still purchase the Era 100 as a single or pair as dedicated speaker(s) for your turntable with the option to connect via BT or Sonos branded line-in connector. Either way you can group in your Playbar with (or without) Sonos Ones’s as surrounds.

JMHO, I’d connect to the Era 100 as a single or stereo pair via the line-in adapter. A direct connection is superior to BT ( at least for now). 

Good catch on the Playbar.  I completely missed that.

Userlevel 7

Good catch on the Playbar.  I completely missed that.

We’re all here to help! I’ve had my brain glitches as well 😊