Setup is

lg C1 oled 55

beam gen 2

apple tv

nintendo switch

ps5

sound set to pass through on tv

earc turned on

The setup works perfectly with live tv, tv built in apps streaming and anything played via the Apple TV. But, 1 second audio dropouts occur whilst using either the Nintendo or the PlayStation. The dropouts occur every minute or so for 1 second. 

I’ve tried turning everything off and back on etc and disconnecting all devices except one of the consoles and the beam but the issue remains.

Any help greatly appreciated, a bit gutted spending all that money for something I can’t use whilst playing games. 

icon

Best answer by jay house 5 September 2022, 21:31

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

See if turning off HDMI-CEC control on the Apple TV and/or PS5 might resolve your audio dropout issue.

Note: It’s best to also restart those two devices after switching off their CEC control.

Since the TV set is the ‘controller’ of CEC, I’d be tempted to reboot it as well, by unplugging it from the wall for two minutes. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Thanks for the responses. I’ve actually managed to find a work around for the problem by following the advice in this thread 

I can confirm that, for me, switching the PS5 to 7.1 solved the issue so it appears there is an issue with the TV and Beam using 5.1. I solved the issue on the Nintendo by switching it to stereo rather than surround, which obviously isn’t ideal.

I have a Sonos Amp too so when I get time I’m going to switch from the Beam to that to see if the issue presents itself on there too. I’ll post my findings to that other thread though.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Thanks for the responses. I’ve actually managed to find a work around for the problem by following the advice in this thread 

I can confirm that, for me, switching the PS5 to 7.1 solved the issue so it appears there is an issue with the TV and Beam using 5.1. I solved the issue on the Nintendo by switching it to stereo rather than surround, which obviously isn’t ideal.

I have a Sonos Amp too so when I get time I’m going to switch from the Beam to that to see if the issue presents itself on there too. I’ll post my findings to that other thread though.

I tried the same test but it turned out to be a non-starter. I commented on the earlier thread.