Answered

Sonos Sub (Gen 3) clicking noise

Hi, my Sub Gen 3 is making a very distracting clicking noise (similar to a spinning Hard Drive) every time something is being reproduced by the audio system. My diagnostic info is: 1963654690

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Jean C. 7 July 2020, 17:16

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

14 replies

Does the level of this sound track the SONOS Volume Control?

The rattling noise is not affected by the system volume.

What is the source of the audio? What other SONOS components are in your system?

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @Bruno Arrais 

I have the same issue as well, you can see the thread here: https://en.community.sonos.com/troubleshooting-228999/sonos-sub-gen-3-crackling-static-sound-6842907?postid=16444352#post16444352

Userlevel 1

@Bruno Arrais Im having the same issue, as @andrewchiu1st states above, see the link for another thread on this

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hello @Bruno Arrais,

Is this more of an internal mechanical rattling or is it a clipping sound related to the audio source?

Does the rattling change if you change the orientation or position of the Sub itself? 

Is there any chance that the Sub is resonating against the surface that it is sitting on?

Hello @Bruno Arrais,

Is this more of an internal mechanical rattling or is it a clipping sound related to the audio source?

Does the rattling change if you change the orientation or position of the Sub itself? 

Is there any chance that the Sub is resonating against the surface that it is sitting on?

Hi, it is a internal mechanical rattling. Sonos already agreed to replace my unit. Let's see how the second one will behave. Thanks for your help!

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Mine is doing the same thing 

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hello @Reventon85 

Thank you for reaching out with your Sub issue. Please review these brief questions:

Hello :

If the rattling is internal and doesn’t change when you adjust the position of the Sub, please reach out to us directly to troubleshoot and evaluate your Sub for replacement.

If you are able to capture a short video of this audio issue to share, it will help us understand what may be happening with your speaker.

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Thanks I’ve already reached out to Sonos support and they are sending me a replacement Sub.

Userlevel 1

@Reventon85 recommend you read this thread: https://en.community.sonos.com/troubleshooting-228999/sonos-sub-gen-3-crackling-static-sound-6842907/index2.html#post16452489

Just bought a new Sonos Sub and having the same issue. It’s a very clear constant clicking noise (mechanical sounding and rapid). Extremely disappointed with the sub. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @Oxfordaudio.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community, We appreciate your time and effort in posting your concern here in our community.

Have you already tried to do a factory data reset?

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Glad I found this today as I am in the process of selling my Sonos Sub Gen2 to purchase a Sub Gen 3 using my 30% off coupon.

I’m thinking I should hold tight and keep the Gen 2 sub since it is working perfectly?