Sonos Home Theater System and Logitech Harmony Elite: issues adjusting volume

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hi all!

I have a recently bough Harmony Elite that I use with my Sonos Home Theater System.

I control the Sonos System volume directly via the Elite (I guess via Wifi as it is not using IR).

It worked flawlessly for a couple of weeks, and as soon as I press the volume up or down button, volume changes were instant and with no delays.

A couple of days ago I noticed the remote sometimes seems to stop work when I try to change volume, specially if I press the volume up or down repeatedly. Hub led often ligths red and takes up some time to recover.

Anyone else with this issue?

I’ve resetted the hub several times, and also the remote, and created again activities.

It temporarily solves the issue,, but after a while, issue returns.

If I use the Sonos app, none of this happens.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

The led turning red indicates that it has lost wi-fi connectivity. Try to power the hub off for 10 secs the next time this occurs and then if that fixes it, I suggest that you reserve an IP address and investigate sources of interference.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

The led turning red indicates that it has lost wi-fi connectivity. Try to power the hub off for 10 secs the next time this occurs and then if that fixes it, I suggest that you reserve an IP address and investigate sources of interference.

That’s a good idea.

Just reserved an IP address for the hub.

Let’s see how it goes. What’s strange is that this issue appeared last week, and I honestly can’t remember of any change that might have happened in configurations or setup.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

It seems am update from Logitech might be causing this issue.

Anyone else using the Elite, had the hub updated and notices these volume adjustment issues?

When it happens, it takes several button presses to adjust volume, and frequently harmony hub led turns red and after a couple of seconds it returns to normal.

It’s not a matter of weak wifi, as wifi signal indicator on my Elite shows signal is excellent.

Apparently this updates add suport to Sonos Web API.

Can someone from Sonos Support take a look at this issue, in irder to check if there’s something that can be done?

I have been having the same exact issue since the firmware update. This started two weeks ago on both of my hubs in different rooms 

Badge

I don’t know if my hub has changed firmware recently but I have been having volume lag issues with my Sonos system for a couple of weeks.  Restarting and resetting everything has not fixed anything.  My wife is ready to get rid of it all.  Please roll out a fix for this quickly.

Interesting. I’ve not had any issues with either of my Harmony Elites, but then again I’ve not updated the firmware on either of them. They still control the TV set using IR, and the TV set communicates with the Sonos via ARC as it always has. 

The Harmony Hub turning red, if I recall correctly, means that it’s dropped off the network, and trying to reconnect. Not really something Sonos has much control over.

Have you contacted Harmony? 

As a side comment, I’d probably want to do a refresh of my network, in case the Harmony Hub is experiencing a duplicate IP address. in most homes, that should normally clear up in around 24 hours, as lease renewals happen on the router. You could force the issue by unplugging the Harmony hub from power, then reboot your router. Once the router comes back up, plug back in the Harmony Hub. But there’s no real guaranty that that is what your particular hub is experiencing, either. 

About month ago I bought my first Sonos product, Beam Gen2, added it to my tv and harmony hub. Worked flawlessly. But now the volume will not work on the harmony remote. I rebooted and relogin into to my harmony account and recreated the activity started working again for about week now its not working. Had a Yamaha soundbar  for 7 years and never had an issue. Not sure if they is a harmony or Sonos issue but hopefully there is a work around soon or software update to fix this issue. My wife is not happy so I am not happy. Anyone know if this has been ifxed or still an issue. Thanks in advance

Badge

I am almost certain that this is a Logitech/Harmony issue.  Controlling the volume through he Sonos app works just as it should.  In fact, if you watch the Sonos app while pressing the volume button on the remote you will see that most of the presses don’t register.

There was a bad firmware update a year or two ago that caused a very similar situation.  It took a while but Logitech finally pushed a fix.  I just hope they are watching and listening.

Same problem here. Started a few weeks ago. Volume is unresponsive in either direction. Seems like one command goes through every several seconds and anytime you adjust volume, no other controls function for 10-15 seconds. 

Hello together, having the same problem since weeks ago. Waiting vor an update for the hub. It is awful to hear nothing from SONOS. I figured out several reports on the web - but no reaction. My wife gets more and more angry.

@Blaumika, Logitech has to provide an update/a fix, the Harmony is their product. You ought to get in touch with their German support.

https://www.logitech.com/de-de/about/contact.html

@Blaumika, Logitech has to provide an update/a fix, the Harmony is their product. You ought to get in touch with their German support.

https://www.logitech.com/de-de/about/contact.html

Thanks for your reply, even though Logitech is in charge. I have to recognize that in comparison your support at SONOS works very fine:-) 

Agree with all above. Having the same issues. Tried everything. Nothing controlling Sonos sound other than the Sonos app. Annoying 

Here is the answer.  POWER OFF HUB AND SONOS SOUND BAR.  RESTART and it will reestablish connection

Logitech support suggested   Still sometimes have to hit volume up to engage volume controls then works from not working at all  can happen if you loose internet or reboot your router  both needs to reestablish connection

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hello, I have the same issue here with my Harmony hub Smart Control with the little remote without screen.

works perfecly since 2 year with my sonos surround system, and since the last update from logitech (29 march) it is terrible.

please sonos, contact logitech to force the support to find a solution, thank you.