Answered

Sonos Arc - loud pop then no sound!

• 6 October 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge

Often there’s a loud pop / bang noise and then the Sonos Arc stops outputting sound.  I have to switch sources and back for it to work again.  Really troubling and I fear something is wrong with the hardware.  I bought this earlier this year.

I notice it happens a lot when I start playing on my Xbox Series X.  Also got an Apple TV 4K and sometimes it’s happened there as well I think.

It sounds very much like a gunshot - very loud.  I have it connected to my LG CX.  No other issues except for this really scary bang which sounds like it’s gonna blow my speakers up.  It’s been going randomly for a couple months now that I think of it.  

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 6 October 2021, 14:06

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Without hard data, it’s hard to make a diagnosis, but I would hazard an initial guess that the Sonos is playing what is being sent to it by the TV set via the ARC connection. It may be worth double checking the firmware on the TV to see if the manufacturer has any updates available. Neither of my own Arcs are exhibiting this behavior. 

However, if you do continue to have this issue, I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

There have been sporadic reports of this exact issue, on Xbox Series devices specifically, since they came out. Never seen a clear diagnosis.

Badge

There have been sporadic reports of this exact issue, on Xbox Series devices specifically, since they came out. Never seen a clear diagnosis.

How long has this issue been known? Has anyone else with this problem had a clear resolution or replacement?