Answered

Search results for Plex: "Unable to browse music"

• 10 October 2021
  • 4 replies

I am running Plex server (with a Plex pass) on my NAS, and the connection usually works fine. I am able to browse to my Plex and play music successfully from there. If I search for music, it will find hits in Plex, but if I then attempt to go to there, I get "unable to browse music". I've tried restarting everything I can, I've re-authenticated, and it's been doing this for a couple months.

icon

Best answer by Corry P 11 October 2021, 17:27

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @jbuergel 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Thank you for reporting this - I get the same results on my own system. Reauthorising does not help, nor does removing Plex from Sonos and adding it again. I also tried rebooting the Plex server, to no avail.

I’ve reported this to our engineers, and will update you here when I hear about a resolution.

In the meantime, I can only suggest you browse music manually within Plex, as that still seems to work properly.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @jbuergel 

A quick update: we’ve done some investigation, confirmed the issue and created a ticket.

You should still be able to search for individual tracks, if that’s of any help. Personally, I found inconsistent results - I was able to play after searching for some artists/albums and not others. 

Thanks for the response, I’m glad it’s being worked on.

I too am having the same issue. Started fairly recently. No changes to my Plex Server