Answered

pandora activation code

• 22 March 2022
  • 6 replies

I had this issue pop up a few weeks ago and it was resolved.  This is now happening again.

Sonos is asking for an activation code that I cannot get.

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 23 March 2022, 16:41

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

How was it resolved last time? Where are you seeing this request for an activation code?

In general, many of these types of things (and I’m unsure about this specific one, hence the questions) can be resolved by doing a few things. 1) rebooting the router 2) rebooting (power cycling) all the Sonos devices, and 3) removing Pandora from your controller completely, waiting a couple of minutes, then re-applying in the controller.

I am having exactly this same issue tonight.  I am trying to add my subscription Pandora service to Sonos and it is complaining about an activation code.  When I select the music service “Pandora” from the available services in Sonos I get bounced to a screen on pandora.com with the error.

I don’t get a login screen where I would expect to put in my email address and my pandora account password.

Any ideas on how to get past this?

We’re also experiencing the same problem. Haven’t found any fix yet.

How was it resolved last time? Where are you seeing this request for an activation code?

In general, many of these types of things (and I’m unsure about this specific one, hence the questions) can be resolved by doing a few things. 1) rebooting the router 2) rebooting (power cycling) all the Sonos devices, and 3) removing Pandora from your controller completely, waiting a couple of minutes, then re-applying in the controller.

I got an update from sonos that it was resolved and I was able to add pandora at that time.  This was for another system at a different location.  

Seems as though they are having trouble again.

The update last time would have been similar to my number 2 in my answer. I’d recommend at all of those procedures, and then, if that doesn’t resolve the issue, calling Sonos Support directly to discuss it.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.

Yup, I can confirm it’s working now for me too.