Answered

Move has lost both Bluetooth and Wifi

• 20 June 2021
  • 9 replies

So my move is no longer connecting to WiFi nor will it go into Bluetooth mode (no blue light).  Ran set up a few times but says Move added but not to wifi, please continue in setting tab, of course there its only shows not connected to wifi.   The only change recently was a ComCast upgraded router to gigabit speed.  I have rebooted that several times.  No Joy.   Any help would be appreciated.

icon

Best answer by Corry P 23 June 2021, 10:56

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

So I managed to get the wifi working, still no Bluetooth.

Userlevel 7

Try rebooting the Move following these steps:

1. Take Move off of the charging base.
  2. Hold the power button for at least 5 seconds, or until the status light turns off.
  3. Wait 10 seconds.
  4. Press the power button or place Move back onto its charging base.

had to do what your recommended and reboot the router, it worked for wifi.  Still no Bluetooth though.

Userlevel 7

What happens if you press and hold the Bluetooth button on the Move after putting the Move into Bluetooth mode?

Just as a random thought, did you have more than one Bluetooth device active? The Sonos would glom on to the first active signal it sees, and then not connect to any secondary device. If that’s the case, turning off any other Bluetooth sending devices would allow the Sonos to ‘see’ the one that you’re trying to connect to. 

For instance, turning off the Bluetooth signal on my iPhone will allow the Sonos to connect to the Bluetooth signal from my computer.

What happens if you press and hold the Bluetooth button on the Move after putting the Move into Bluetooth mode?

It won’t go into Bluetooth mode,  no blue light

Just as a random thought, did you have more than one Bluetooth device active? The Sonos would glom on to the first active signal it sees, and then not connect to any secondary device. If that’s the case, turning off any other Bluetooth sending devices would allow the Sonos to ‘see’ the one that you’re trying to connect to. 

For instance, turning off the Bluetooth signal on my iPhone will allow the Sonos to connect to the Bluetooth signal from my computer.

This is the first time I tried Bluetooth on it 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @DarthVader1950 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

If you’re still having this problem, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system.

Thanks for all the responses,  I will contact tech support.