Complete and utter BS system. NEVER works. Costs me about an hour a day.

• 8 April 2022
  • 4 replies

I spend about an hour every time I want to use my system consisting of two speakers and a subwoofer. 

Still I end up using my little Bose portable speaker to entertain my guests.

Either “no system found” or “system not configured” or only one speaker works at all - or everything drops again after 5 minutes. 

I went to the dealer who told me that he “never heard of any issues” and it would be related to my WiFi. I got a 300Mbps network with an expensive Netgear router. My alarm, intercom, TV, and all other systems I use work perfectly but not that crap system of Sonos. 

I regret I spent so much money on this system. At least I’m a good laugh for my guests when I tell them how much I paid for this.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Did you simply come here to rant, or are you actually looking for assistance? Indeed have you sought help from Sonos Support after submitting a system diagnostic?

Your post is sufficiently short on information that fellow users will be unable to comment without more details of the network, how the Sonos units are set up, and how you’re trying to control them.

Are you offing kidding me? Yes I am simply “ranting” about this s*** system and yes I have sought assistance. If you actually were blessed enough to be able to read you’d see that I already sought advice from “them experts”. So some comment of a person paid by Sonos to belittle my post won’t do anything else to me but support my opinion. It’s a s*** system with s*** support. But for your information again: Network: WiFi, 300Mbps. Units are set up via: Sonos setting up the system. Trying to control them: Via Sonos App. What else do you need to know? 

Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.

If you actually were blessed enough to be able to read you’d see that I already sought advice from “them experts”.

I carefully re-read your post. You said:

I went to the dealer who told me that he “never heard of any issues” and it would be related to my WiFi.

1. A ‘dealer’ is not Sonos Support, and would definitely not be privy to the contents of your system diagnostic.
  2. The ‘dealer’ is probably correct about the WiFi, the details of which are still not revealed. “Network: WiFi, 300Mbps” conveys no useful information.

So some comment of a person paid by Sonos to belittle my post won’t do anything else to me but support my opinion. 

Just to correct the record on that point, none of us users are paid by Sonos. Sonos staff are clearly identified as such.

DNFTT.