Answered

why does sonos one speaker no longer work?

• 18 January 2024
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Why does my Sonos speaker (normal sized one - one I believe. ) no longer work when I play Spotify. As soon as adverts start it turns off all music and I cannot hear adverts or music.

Also Spotify alarms no longer work I used to wake up daily to a playlist and no I just hear a horrible chime and get earache or it ignores all alarms set.

The other issues I won’t go in eg. Connecting multiple speakers on sonos app. Ever since sonos 2 app came along it doesn’t work. Some speakers have to be one the s1 app (black icon) and some on the s2 app (gold icon). Can’t get on s2 app due to old speakers and new speakers.

Reported  via Spotify and Sonos and still no solution 18 months later

icon

Best answer by AjTrek1 19 January 2024, 01:09

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

It may be best if you were to submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it. There’s just not enough detail in your post to give you more valuable advice that ‘it’s likely your network’. 

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your network and Sonos system.

Userlevel 1

Not being funny but I’ve reported this over a year via Spotify the app and website.

Im not wasting any more time. It’s up to them to fix it. I’m sure they are losing customers as Spotify now only plays for a couple of songs before the advert breaks all music and turns off. The advertisers are not even played.

Loads of people have this issue in the forums and the alarms havnt worked for a while too. Sonos and Spotify are simply not talking to each other. The two tech teams at both companies need to get together and fix it

Userlevel 7

@Jsjsjsjajakak88 

I’m going to direct your attention to the thread below wherein the issue was acknowledged by Sonos. You have the ability to send a private message to the author of the acknowledgment and ask if any progress has been made to resolve the issue. In fact the acknowledgment was in a thread you posted 3 months ago.

Userlevel 1

Yes but still not fixed?