Unable to update Arc to version 15.11

• 12 December 2023
  • 16 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 13 December 2023, 16:33

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

16 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi Sonos,

Past few recent updates I am experiencing issues to updating your products and they usually fail even when they have been updated. I did not mind until today where I am unable to update Arc to version 15.11 and all other devices has been updated to this version without any issue but Arc will fail every single time during the update. Please do not say it is the network because it is NOT. The Arc is wired with high end Cat8 cable to high end router from Linksys. There is also NO firewall block as the other speakers were updated. Why this is start happening now and how I can fix this issue? And yes I have tried to turn the arc off and turn back on 😂🤣. Anyway you will need to improve the update process really as I am not the only one when you look on other forums where other members experiencing the same issues. Anyway how I can fix this issue now and update the Arc to the latest version?? Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Nice, no eror code 6 in the Sonos FAQ.

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/topic/update-issues

Still might try the suggested fixes for other errors. In my case it was a router reboot, which made no sense to me as it was working perfectly. Still until I rebooted it the update failed.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Mine was one of the bedroom surrounds that failed gave up after 4 tries to update closed the app and rebooted my phone when I opened the application again all speakers were updated 

odd but it usually takes 3-4 tries every update 

I needed to power cycle one surround, but everything else updated fine.

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

I’ve never had any problems with my 10 speaker Sonos network, but the last 2 firmware updates have also reported “failed - try again” at the end of the update process.
If I exit the controller and run the controller again and view “System | About” I can see that all speakers are updated to the latest firmware.
Not a big deal, but I’m not sure why the most recent Sonos update processes are incorrectly reporting that the updates have failed.
Ross.

There’s a button at the bottom, which I of course now forget what it says, that gives you details. The buttons are something like ‘try again’, ‘forget for now’, and ‘details’. There may be more/other words, but that is the gist. 

Heh, they’re above, in the image. ‘Try again’, ‘More information’ (this tells you which failed), and ‘Not now’. 

For whatever reason one or more players was slow to report the successful update, causing the controller to assume that the update failed. A workaround would be to enable automatic updates. The system will update over night without involving the controllers. This would not be a perfect solution because after the system update, as the controllers are started, they will demand an update. This demand would fluster a user that is not familiar with the system details. I can imagine an interesting drama if the immediate goal is an attempt to use the controller to silence an alarm.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi All the problem was that the Arc was only the one which was not able to perform the firmware update. Does not matter what I have tried from the suggestions above apart from to reboot the router .The only solution was really to reboot the router what is really inconvenience because this should not happen at all. Sonos needs to create better package delivery for firmware updates and have them properly signed off to pass the router. I have reviewed the router logs and nothing that means there is delivery problem inside the Sonos devices and how they processing the firmware updates.  When I have read your comments and comments from other groups it does look like this is ongoing issue for quiet long time now. I really did not had those sort of issues before and nothing has changed on my network at all that means something must be wrong with Sonos update packages as other people experience issues with it as well. Anyway this is fixed but Sonos needs to review this by them selfs and hopefully they will not say again it is your network issue 😂🤣.Thank you all. Sonos if you want I am happy to send you the recording of how your firmware updates are performing ad I have it all recorded on my phone please feel free to reach me out via DM. Thank you.

Note that this is a Sonos Community forum, as such, the only Sonos folks who read these posts are Forum Moderators, and not Sonos support. If you need to contact them, you should call Sonos Support directly to discuss it.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I’ve never had any problems with my 10 speaker Sonos network, but the last 2 firmware updates have also reported “failed - try again” at the end of the update process.
If I exit the controller and run the controller again and view “System | About” I can see that all speakers are updated to the latest firmware.
Not a big deal, but I’m not sure why the most recent Sonos update processes are incorrectly reporting that the updates have failed.
Ross.

The same thing happens to me and that's what I do. I close the app, wait for a while and then go back into the application and everything is updated. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Ross.

The same thing happens to me and that's what I do. I close the app, wait for a while and then go back into the application and everything is updated. 

My experience as well. 10 speakers in my system, update initially reports "fail" but still completes by itself. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

After following advice from here to set static/reserved IP addresses from my router’s DHCP Settings page for all my Sonos I ended the update/reboot and power failure recovery issues.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

The update STILL doesn’t enable crossfading on Dolby Atmos songs on an Arc/surrounds/sub setup… The next song will still only kick in once the previous one has faded out. Grrrrr.

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Just updated my Arc from 15.7 to 15.11. Volume considerably lower again on level 30 than 15.7. Are we creeping back into 14.12 madness again. I will never buy or recommend a Sonos product again.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Just updated my Arc from 15.7 to 15.11. Volume considerably lower again on level 30 than 15.7. Are we creeping back into 14.12 madness again. I will never buy or recommend a Sonos product again.

I also have noticed a relatively slight reduction (maybe 5 ticks of the volume gage)  in volume with 15.11 but it is not a big deal (for me) to simply make it a little louder. Still sounds great.