Answered

Trueplay not working with Era 300's

• 17 April 2023
  • 6 replies

I bought 2 Era 300’s to replace my One’s in a surround setup that has an Arc and two Subs, and Truplay no longer works. It gets to a point where you normally would be directed to turn the phone around, but instead it says “Trueplay Problem” and gives no details. If I remove the Era 300’s then Trueplay works fine. My S2 app is up to date, my IOS and phone are updated and supported. I updated drivers for my wireless network, unplugged it and reconnected, and all is fine with that. Rebooted my cable modem. I unplugged my Sonos equipment several times. Everything appears to be fine, and the Era 300’s work as expected, except no Trueplay.

I have a Beam, 2 Ones and a sub in the other room and Trueplay works fine for them. Anyone have any ideas?

icon

Best answer by Treefrog 18 April 2023, 18:21

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7

Try deleting and re-installing the Sonos app. Also be sure to clean the microphones on the iPhone and make sure there is nothing obstructing them like a phone case or gunk.

Ok I gave that a try and no luck. I wonder if the Era 300’s need to be connected to the wireless network? If I click on the Era 300’s in the app, there is no “Enable/Disable Wi-Fi” option like there is on the One’s and Subs. 

Userlevel 7

Ok I gave that a try and no luck. I wonder if the Era 300’s need to be connected to the wireless network? If I click on the Era 300’s in the app, there is no “Enable/Disable Wi-Fi” option like there is on the One’s and Subs. 

Are the 300s currently wired with an ethernet cable? If so, keep them wireless.

They are not wired. Just for fun I am going to “Update Networks” in the Sonos app and see what happens.

Ok tried that and it did not help. There is an amber light on top of each Era 300 that is slowly flashing, no idea if that is good or bad.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

That toggle is mislabeled, if used it does not turn off WiFi. Instead it turns off the radio used for WiFi and the 5 GHz surround / sub connections.

It should never be used until you have consulted Sonos support.

Problem solved! It turns out this was user error, and I place the speaker in the wrong orientation. When I placed it correctly (see user manual on this site) it works fine with Trueplay. Sounds great also, nice upgrade from the Ones.