Answered

Trueplay ios17

• 19 October 2023
  • 29 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Why is Truplay still not supported on iPhones with ios17? It has been weeks now, and I am now actually on iOS 17.0.3……Sonos makes a big thing  about this feature yet they appear to not be in any rush to sort this!

icon

Best answer by Corry P 20 October 2023, 16:14

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

29 replies

I do think people make too much of a problem out of this temporary thing, yes.

The iPhone 12 issue dosen’t sound temporarily to me, and yes I upgraded my system more than a month ago just to learn that I will have to dig up an old iPhone to get better surround sound than I had with my PC speakers in the 90’s. Then I have better stuff to spend my money on.  hope Sonos will support it before Apple stop supporting it. And Android doesn’t sound like a solution either. “It’s a trap”

Gosh, how often do you Trueplay tune your rooms then? There’s no need to after each update. I think I last did mine about 18 months ago. It took no more than half-hour to do my three ground floor rooms and two bedrooms. It seems a lot of fuss over nothing, as often the changes to the audio are quite subtle in most cases anyway - nothing you probably couldn’t resolve, for the most part, with with some small adjustments to the room EQ settings. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Why would anyone buy Sonos when the main feature doesn’t work? Namely IOS. Appalling customer service.

I’m quite sure that many here just love to see people like you put in the effort to join the forum to post such comments in their first ever post. Many Android owners don’t even use Trueplay and in some cases a Sonos room may sound better without it to some people - it’s basically just a near flat-line response across the frequency range. It’s certainly not to everyone’s taste. I personally see it more as a starting point to get to where how I like to listen to different types of audio. If you think it’s Sonos’ main feature then you probably need to think again and get to know your Sonos system.

I’ve never done Trueplay and I’ve had Sonos since its existence and iOS for a long time. “Main feature” - what nonsense.

Why would anyone buy Sonos when the main feature doesn’t work? Namely IOS. Appalling customer service.

I’m quite sure that many here just love to see people like you put in the effort to join the forum to post such comments in their first ever post. Many Android owners don’t even use Trueplay and in some cases a Sonos room may sound better without it to some people - it’s basically just a near flat-line response across the frequency range. It’s certainly not to everyone’s taste. I personally see it more as a starting point to get to where how I like to listen to different types of audio. If you think it’s Sonos’ main feature then you probably need to think again and get to know your Sonos system.

I’ve never done Trueplay and I’ve had Sonos since its existence and iOS for a long time. “Main feature” - what nonsense.

Ding, Ding, Ding!!!!!!!! Folks we have a winner!!!!

This is why we have no room correction for this self proclaimed and marketed as “Home Theater” gear….I stated as much in another thread. The demographics used by Sonos research has probably found that the majority of folks that purchase the speakers don’t even know what room correction is until they stumble upon it in the app. Thus, there’s no sense of urgency to fix what some would consider to be a vital part of any “Home Theater” setup, that of course being room correction. 

Whomever it is will the little “Answer” tag by their name, please pass it over to this guy….It’s exactly, the right answer..

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I bought an iPad Gen 4 to use Trueplay, discovered it was unsupported after several years when I went to rearrange my Sonos rooms. Got an iPad something or other to do Trueplay. Haven’t had it out of the closet since except to recharge and update it every six months.

Couple more months I’ll have it out and see if this bug impacts me just out of curiosity. However I will become grumpy if I need to rearrange at some point and I’m impacted. Probably start whining about a USB connected Trueplay mike again.