Answered

Trueplay don´t make difference when turned on and off

• 21 September 2023
  • 13 replies

I have the sonos era 300 and when i do the trueplay in my room, after is done i turn off and on the trueplay and the sound don´t make any difference, i tried with my other wifi in my house, in other places of my home and still the same, my best friend has one era 300 too and in his case makes a HUGE difference when is turned on and off in music, when his speaker in on 20 of volume it gets very very loud and in my case the sound is very low in the same percentage of volume, his phone is an galaxy fold 5 and mine is an iphone 11 pro max. Please i need help!

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 21 September 2023, 20:58

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

13 replies

Some rooms need more equalization than others.  In my home, the living room is subtle, may even be imaginary.  On the other hand, the bedroom changes are very noticeable.

Some rooms need more equalization than others.  In my home, the living room is subtle, may even be imaginary.  On the other hand, the bedroom changes are very noticeable.

But it´s not strange the fact that the trueplay don´t make ANY difference?? in all the places? my friend says he don´t hear any difference too

No, it isn’t odd. If you’ve set up your speaker locations properly, there just isn’t that much for TruePlay to do. It’s designed to do all it can to bring things to 100%, but if things are already there, there just isn’t that much it can do.

No, it isn’t odd. If you’ve set up your speaker locations properly, there just isn’t that much for TruePlay to do. It’s designed to do all it can to bring things to 100%, but if things are already there, there just isn’t that much it can do.

But why in my friend´s case his era 300 gets very loud just in volume 20 and it sounds very powerful and mine don´t?? It+s weird how the speakers are the same and the voulme is different in the same percentage, and how his makes difference with trueplay and mine not even a little bit?

But why in my friend´s case his era 300 gets very loud just in volume 20 and it sounds very powerful and mine don´t?? It+s weird how the speakers are the same and the voulme is different in the same percentage, and how his makes difference with trueplay and mine not even a little bit?

Do you think it can be because of the phones??

Maybe Volume Limit has been set. Also, room size and distance to the speaker determine perceived loudness. ‘20’ in a large room with will not seem as loud as ‘20’ in a smaller room, close to the speaker.

Seems extremely unlikely, but just in case, I’d submit a system diagnostic from both systems, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.

Maybe Volume Limit has been set. Also, room size and distance to the speaker determine perceived loudness. ‘20’ in a large room with will not seem as loud as ‘20’ in a smaller room, close to the speaker.

Thank you fir the reply, in the app the volume limit is not on, our rooms are small, maybe mine a little bit bigger, but i tested in my kitchen and living room and is still the same

Are you listening to the same track from the same source? “Loudness” ON/OFF might be an issue.

Are you listening to the same track from the same source? “Loudness” ON/OFF might be an issue.

Yes i am listening the same track from the same source, i already changed the first era 300 for another and still is the same, so the problem is not on the speaker. i really dfont know what is this

Seems extremely unlikely, but just in case, I’d submit a system diagnostic from both systems, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.

i already talk to them and the first assistant did the diagnostic and came to the conclusion that was not a hardware problem and told me to fabric reset the speaker and i did that and was still the same so he said that he could determine that the speaker was partially defective and he told to do a replacement in the store i bought, so i did now ii have another one and is still the same, i already speak with other assistant and he told me that was not possible that this coulb be because of the phone and told me that was not a problem, he was kinda rude but ok… but how can he explain the same speaker have different volumes in the same percentage of volumes… it just doesn´t make sense

i already talk to them and the first assistant did the diagnostic and came to the conclusion that was not a hardware problem and told me to fabric reset the speaker and i did that and was still the same so he said that he could determine that the speaker was partially defective and he told to do a replacement in the store i bought, so i did now ii have another one and is still the same, i already speak with other assistant and he told me that was not possible that this coulb be because of the phone and told me that was not a problem, he was kinda rude but ok… but how can he explain the same speaker have different volumes in the same percentage of volumes… it just doesn´t make sense

this was what the first assistant said

thank you so much all for the replys!!! very grateful!