Answered

The Sonos system is no longer able to connect to my WiFi network.

• 17 January 2024
  • 5 replies

My Sonos system, which has worked seamlessly for years, suddenly won't connect to my WiFi. Before going through the setup for each of the 6 speakers, I'm checking if there's a current Sonos issue or if there's something I might be missing. I've already tried the basic WiFi network resetting steps. Appreciate any suggestions. Thank you.

icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 17 January 2024, 22:31

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

I suggest that you refrain from Factory Reset without further consult. While the Factory Reset might accidentally improve things for a while, it will waste time and will not resolve fundamental issues.

Describe your SONOS system and network for us. Have you changed anything? Are any SONOS units wired to your network?

My system seems to be working fine, so no Sonos issue I’m aware of. However, there really isn’t enough information in your post beyond the fact you have 6 speakers to go on. What happens if you temporarily connect one to your router with an Ethernet cable?

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

If you did these steps:

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/improve-your-sonos-products-wifi-connection

And checked that your WiFi didn't get an update that changed any of these:

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/supported-wifi-modes-and-security-standards-for-sonos-products

Then wiring one to see if it helps is a good first step. The diagnostic and support call a second.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Don’t hit me… but until now nobody mentioned the most forgotten thing you always should try first. 😉

Restart of all network, controller and Sonos devices. Unplug… plug in… 😎

And check for updates for Sonos controller and firmware. 

My Sonos system, which has worked seamlessly for years, suddenly won't connect to my WiFi. Before going through the setup for each of the 6 speakers, I'm checking if there's a current Sonos issue or if there's something I might be missing. I've already tried the basic WiFi network resetting steps. Appreciate any suggestions. Thank you.

Thanks, my sonos is fixed and working correctly. Furthermore, you guys wanted to having interest in the General knowledge groups then join this gk whatsapp.