Skip to main content

I’m just putting this out there…

Sometimes I need to reboot my speakers when an update didn’t install or something like that. I’ve even noticed rebooting speakers helps if they sometimes are cutting in and out due to interference. Regardless of the reason (aside from speakers not being found in the app) I would love it if I could reboot speakers from the app instead of having to walk to each of my 12 Sonos speakers to unplug and plug back in. I’m no programming genius or anything but seems like a reasonable option to have in the app. 

That’s a good suggestion and I can see given the right circumstances it could be useful. However, rebooting for a software update, speakers cutting in and out or other reasons normally points to another underlying issue either hardware or network. I think the fear from a Sonos perspective is that any data relating to an issue would be erased making submitting a diagnostic useless. 

Also, if a speaker is missing from the app a remote reboot would not work as the speaker is well...missing. LOL Therefore, the necessity to perform a physical reboot. 

There’s also the novice who may use a reboot for everything and never seek help in the community to actually resolve the issue.  Nor understand what else may be in order such as rebooting their device, router, modem or reinstalling the app.

There's a member in the community who has his speakers on a power strip to facilitate a simultaneous reboot. Don’t know how many speakers and/or units are involved.

Nonetheless such an option could be useful.

I use several of these for hard to unplug Sonos.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07KFMNJLH/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1