Skip to main content
Answered

Sub mini not connecting since update

I haven't been able to connect to my sub mini since the latest app update and have tried factory resetting/reinstalling numerous times.

The app recognises there's a sub but won't do the final part of connecting it to WiFi. 

I'm guessing I won't be the only one experiencing this problem.. 

135 replies

Same here. Just unboxed a brand new sub mini and haven’t been able to get it to connect at all.

Has there been any movement here in getting this issue sorted? I still can’t assign my brand new sub mini to my beam but no problem to do so for my One.

they should have warned customers before I bought this item online and saved me hours of frustration trying to connect and now left with something unusable!!

Very frustrating that so little attention been given to this issue. They are not doing their product or brand any favors!!!

Has there been any movement here in getting this issue sorted? I still can’t assign my brand new sub mini to my beam but no problem to do so for my One.

they should have warned customers before I bought this item online and saved me hours of frustration trying to connect and now left with something unusable!!

Very frustrating that so little attention been given to this issue. They are not doing their product or brand any favors!!!

Thats an understatement. This is a high level brand and it looks like there is no respect to customers who work hard to be able to purchase their products 

Same here. Was excited. Wtf boys

Crazy stuff I did not want to update app in Australia but was forced to 15 hours ago as the old app just stopped functioning and each time I closed the app kept demanding the upgrade now my sub is on strike . Lol. How have Sonos managed to create this mess boggles my mind

I will wait till next week. Maybe they find a solution the upcoming days.

Otherwise I will send it back. 

Same here. Just unboxed a brand new sub mini and haven’t been able to get it to connect at all.

I just unboxed one today and had zero luck connecting.  Tech support had me up and running within five minutes though. I had a Beam Gen 2, and was adding the sub mini. They had me go to System Settings, and by “Your System” theres a “Manage” button where I went to System Updates, and Check for Updates, which had an update for the Beam, and after it updated I was able to connect the mini.  Until then the mini kept showing Unassigned, and would give me an error every time I tried assigning it to the room with the Beam. 

I attempted connection again and we can party finally connected to sub . Sonos is truly a game changer at assisting in bringing back the sport of yanking ones own hair but I applaude them raising my B.P and adrenalin runs also a bonus give away . Hopefully this all never happens again along with the other head pains we all experienced . 

Even more hair tearing now . Changed powerboard for system and after powering down system and reconnect  lost the system  hahaha never ends . Genelec with GLM perfection could teach Sonos a thing or 100 rather than 2

Logging out of the App & then back in and repeating the registration process just worked for me, Sub registered, room allocated & connected to Arc.

Mine just started working again randomly  . Checked with Down power  and no problems on power up . Looks like its finally rectifed . Thanks team Sonos Heroes have saved us .

Great news Mike 1234

Anyone else ?

Just tried again . New app. Still no go ! It’s going back !

Hey gavbass . Maybe it could be worth deleating app and reinstalling . 

Factory reset the Sub Mini and setup as new. Worked for me...

Tengo el mismo problema que todos. El sub mini no me quiere conectar. Esto está sucediendo por la app? Alguien que pueda responderme 

Has anyone noticed that there One's in standard non Eq have a significantly different tonal character ? The midrange is sounding a little withdrawn as if there is more smiley response curve ? 

Thanks Mike 1234& Leinadsky, it’s working ! 
Deep Joy !!!

I just updated the app again today. Did a factory reset for the submini and it’s working now. Finally!

they releseased the headphones today. I see why they rushed to release the app. 

Badge

I just updated the app again today. Did a factory reset for the submini and it’s working now. Finally!

they releseased the headphones today. I see why they rushed to release the app. 

I’ve tried mine again today without success 

lets me connect to my account but won’t allow me to assign it to a paire off either play 1’s or my newer Sonos ones 

I'm hearing you jedr89. I went back into my app and system had lost its mind again . Closed app again and reopened started working after I pressed the back button . Its just a pain in the arse lol

It's working.  I'd be lying if I new why. After a seamless initial installation , for the last three weeks I was getting a network unavailable error for the sub mini.  Like everyone posting I tried everything, network reboot, direct ethernet connect, app reinstall, sub reset, and on and on... Only after an act of God (whole home power went out during a thunderstorm),  did the network appear on the app and the sub mini start working properly.   Keeping fingers crossed.

Badge +1

Unable to get new sub mini assigned to my era 300 speakers. I keep getting unable to connect to network on the pairing. I’ve rebooted the sub, rebooted the entire network, tried using a lan cord, nothing seems to work. 

Unable to get new sub mini assigned to my era 300 speakers. I keep getting unable to connect to network on the pairing. I’ve rebooted the sub, rebooted the entire network, tried using a lan cord, nothing seems to work. 

Have you tried updating to the latest app released a couple days ago??

Badge

I’ve been having the same issue on an existing system since the new update 

when I reset it just wouldn’t connect or assign to my speakers 

tried this morning still didn’t work 

however what I found that did eventually work was 

I unpaired the stereo speakers to work on there own 

turned the sun off for ten minutes 

put the speakers back in stereo mode 

then reset the sub and it eventually work 

now mins back up and running