Skip to main content
Answered

Sub mini not connecting since update

I haven't been able to connect to my sub mini since the latest app update and have tried factory resetting/reinstalling numerous times.

The app recognises there's a sub but won't do the final part of connecting it to WiFi. 

I'm guessing I won't be the only one experiencing this problem.. 

135 replies

I’ve been having the same issue on an existing system since the new update 

when I reset it just wouldn’t connect or assign to my speakers 

tried this morning still didn’t work 

however what I found that did eventually work was 

I unpaired the stereo speakers to work on there own 

turned the sun off for ten minutes 

put the speakers back in stereo mode 

then reset the sub and it eventually work 

now mins back up and running 

Sonos say everything is plug and play, it's a kin joke really and they don't seem bothered.

Badge

this is what Sonos said about my system 

full off lies in my book 

see screenshots 

W h at has that got to do with any of the people who are struggling to connect a simple component. The majority will no have anything to do with Virgin media. Who are they anyway🤔

Badge

Virgin media is my interest provider 

I use a mesh system to get WiFi in hot spots that I don’t get wi if or a weak connection

sonos are trying or are blaming the internet provider or the TP link mesh system I have regarding the sub mini 

not wonting to connect or assign to my pair off speakers 

Virgin media is my interest provider 

I use a mesh system to get WiFi in hot spots that I don’t get wi if or a weak connection

sonos are trying or are blaming the internet provider or the TP link mesh system I have regarding the sub mini 

not wonting to connect or assign to my pair off speakers 

My apologies Kevin81 I didn't see the top bit of you r post.

It's a complete crock of💩.

Sonos need to get their fingers out their own backsides and sort it out. Premium company and blaming everything else 🤔

Badge

Totally agree 

everytime an issue arises they are quick to blame others like your wi-fi or how it set up etc 

I have 10 Sonos products in total currently & am ashamed on how they treated me & us all really 

the cost for each equipment isn’t cheap by far so I would off expect better from Sonos 

Badge

I spoke too soon

after coming home from work & opening the app my Sonos sub mini has vanished from the app

tried 4 times  by switching it off & on but still not show up not work when I play music either. 
I got it to work this morning after several attempts to get it connected after resetting the sub mini . Clearly there is a Sonos issue from either firmware to software related 

checked the WiFi settings and the sub mini does show it’s connected to WiFi and a solid whit light is on 

all that effort this morning to find it’s just disappeared yet again 

Hooked up a new set of Era100 12 hours ago . Had an isdue with one speaker .Endedup plughing it into a a usb port on my laptop as resetting wireless it just stayed in blinking liggt mode attemting to reset . After 4 power on and offs this did not work . So it seems you dont need to buy the sonos adaptor as it uses the same connection as my Galaxy . Hope all the problems were fixed last night . I noticed another update came through from Sonos as well another bug fix . Yay

Badge +1

Unable to get new sub mini assigned to my era 300 speakers. I keep getting unable to connect to network on the pairing. I’ve rebooted the sub, rebooted the entire network, tried using a lan cord, nothing seems to work. 

Have you tried updating to the latest app released a couple days ago??

Yes, IOS 80.01.11

Finally got mine working, maybe the new update on app. Let's see how it goes

Badge +1

Unable to get new sub mini assigned to my era 300 speakers. I keep getting unable to connect to network on the pairing. I’ve rebooted the sub, rebooted the entire network, tried using a lan cord, nothing seems to work. 

I finally got this working. I had to unpair the Era 300s and then connect the sub to one of them and then once connected then re-pair the other Era 300 to the the first Era 300 and then they all 3 worked together. 

just received sub mini from amazon but couldn’t work after pairing and got a firmware upgrade pop-up. The upgrade is failed and then the original paired beam and sub mini disappeared from my apps and couldn’t pair anymore.

Thinking to return amazon and change to sony/samsung 😌

I’ve just realised that my sub-mini is also missing from my setup. The App seemed to recognise that there should be a sub, because it was prompting me to “add a second” 

Doing a factory reset on the sub-mini lets me run the set up process, and then I get to final prompt that “It may not appear in system settings. If so restart the sub”. Restart the sub, solid white light, no sub in the app.

Thought I’d got away with just the alarm being an issue. 

Hi All,

Just became a member of the Sonos universe with the purchase of an Arc and Sub Mini.  As far as the Arc, it immediately connected to my TV and sounds great but…  had a hard time getting it to work with the App (it connected on the wrong network which took time to figure out, then needed update, then could not connect at all-short of it, I finally used my wife’s Android (mine is the same) and got it to connect) but I have similar problems to most of you with connecting the Sub Mini.  I have reset hardware and all the other fun things and did finally get to the point where it was seen but I cannot get it to connect to the network (Error 1000??).  I have only had this hardware for three days and am NOT impressed with the “easy, plug and play ecosystem”.  I  wish I had seen this forum first, I would not have purchased the Mini.  I was hoping to grow my Sonos environment but I have serious reservations now.  I hope there is resolution soon.  

Probably worth mentioning that (after a long support call last week) we’ve found a “solution”

If the Beam 2 is connected to my home router using Ethernet, then the Sub Mini appears under my devices and is able to be connected, along with the One SLs to the Surround setup that I previously had. And appears to be stable. 

I have not yet trusted myself to unplug the ethernet cable in case the voodoo stops working

(For avoidance of doubt the 3hr+ of support I got from Sonos between chat and a call back is a big plus in their column. Yes they shouldn’t have put themselves in the position of having to fix this, but they went out of their way to try and figure out how to get back up and running)

In my case I failed in the last step, I did not connect to the wifi network, I asked to try it over ethernet but I did not recognize it. By phone, they supported me to solve it through the monitoring of sending a diagnosis. I take around 15min (not counting the waiting time to be taken care of) 

Ditto to all the bad experiences voiced by everyone else. I got the Beam Gen 2 and it’s good. Then I heard all the reviews of how much better it would sound with the Sub Mini. So I added this to the system today and nothing but grief and frustration. Finally got it connected (I think) but there was no improvement in sound. Made adjustments to the sub in the App but no change. Tried to reconnect again but it won’t stay connected.  I could go on but you know the rest. Right now it’s a nonfunctional black blob next to the TV stand. 

I blame this on the fact Sonos does not use Bluetooth connections. My old Samsung system with a Bluetooth connected sub connected every time and never failed. Looks like Sonos is a downgrade.

All going to be returned now.

Badge

Unfortunately, I have also had extremely bad experience with my SONOS speakers lately.  I’m not sure when it started, but I think it was around the time when the new (and veeeeery disappointing) app was released.

Now, I constantly experience problems if I want to move my sub mini from one room to another or if I want to pair/unpair a set of speakers (e.g. 2 Sonos One speakers).  I find myself having to repeat the “add sub” / “add stereo pair” maybe 25 times before it succeeds… it really drives me crazy.

The SONOS app seems to indicate that my network is to be blamed, but I have NOT changed a thing in my network (based on three rock-solid Orbi units) and my another wireless devices are not complaining a bit.

I have hoping that the latest speaker update (v16.2) might have solved these problems, but that hasn’t been the case.

Come on, SONOS -- what is happening???  I used to be a happy customer (with approx. 20 SONOS speakers in my two houses)... but not anymore!!!

Is there any way to see what network the Sub Mini is trying to connect on if it has not been added to the product list in the app.  I suspect mine may??? have connected to one of my other networks (which I have eliminated ) and may not have cleared with system reset????  The sub is flashing green does cannot connect.

Is there any way to see what network the Sub Mini is trying to connect on if it has not been added to the product list in the app.  I suspect mine may??? have connected to one of my other networks (which I have eliminated ) and may not have cleared with system reset????  The sub is flashing green does cannot connect.

I already solved the Network question (there are a few ways to do it using admin on the router, MAC address tracing with CMD prompt if using a WIN OS...) but I am done with Sub Mini. Returned it yesterday, maybe I will try another Sonos Sub if I start reading that things have been addressed with the App etc. on here.   

One question, I still have my ARC, does not seem that the equalizer is working in the APP.  Are others seeing the same on ARC or, is it only to be used in specific cases?  THANKS!!

Same here, everything was working fine til the update.  App won’t recognize the sub, can’t make any volume adjustments.  Need the iOS bug fix ASAP!!!

Same here, everything was working fine til the update.  App won’t recognize the sub, can’t make any volume adjustments.  Need the iOS bug fix ASAP!!!

In my case Android but indeed we do!!

Just want to say I had these issues yall are having, but was able to “fix” it?

Particularly, my problem was not seeing the sub in the status area after assigning it it to a speaker. Sub Mini would get set up appropriately no problems, initially show up in my speakers, i would assign it to me Beam (Gen 2), but then it would be gone, and not work. Then when i would go to the Beam, it would say “add sub”, i’d click that, and it would only be the option for a SECOND sub (even though i didn’t see the first)….so the sonos knew i had a Sub, but just wouldn’t show up.

Tried resetting the beam, the sub (many times), and all to no avail.

Finally i said f*ck it and assigned it to one of my Era 100’s...and VOILA. no problems. worked on the first shot. I still wish it worked with the beam, but I still cant get it to show up there. Beam just always tells me to “add sub” like i already hadn’t done that. very frustrating, but at least i have bass now. 

Just wanted to share in case it helps anyone else. dont attach it to the Beam.

I haven't been able to connect to my sub mini since the latest app update and have tried factory resetting/reinstalling numerous times.

The app recognises there's a sub but won't do the final part of connecting it to WiFi. 

I'm guessing I won't be the only one experiencing this problem.. 

After having the same issues as everyone else here and troubleshooting for 4 hours, I finally got the SubMini to set up having connected temporarily to ethernet and Beam2 on WiFi.

However my issue was that I have no ethernet ports near where I actually wanted to place the Sub, so I swapped the ethernet cable into the Beam2 and some how this worked! The Sub stayed connected on WiFi and Beam via ethernet. Disabling the WiFi on the Beam stopped everything from working, yes I know very confusing, so keep the WiFi enabled.

Hope this helps. 

Good luck.

I’m all updated still no go registering sub mini. Any point getting into help from Sonos . Just wait? Bit of a dead loss so far 

Try to logout from app and then log back in, it worked for me yesterday.

It worked for me too.