Question

Speakers not displaying in app

Since the most recent update to the app today, 2 of my 5 speakers do not appear in the Sonos app on either my iPhone or iPad.  They do appear in the Sonos desktop app on my iMac and I can group them with other speakers from there.  I have restarted them to no effect.  I attempted to re-add them from the app to no effect.  They are both Play:1 speakers as are 2 of the ones that are still appearing.  The fifth speaker is a One which is also appearing and is hard wired to my mesh network.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Same issue here after latest update. Hardwired (!) Beam fell off app and never returned.

Frequently, a software updates expose issues in your local network. Try unplugging all Sonos devices from power, then reboot your router. Once the router comes back up, plug your Sonos devices back in. After giving them a minute or two to boot up and reconnect, check your controller app again.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Why is everyone here blaming the network whenever Sonos breaks something with an update? I love Sonos to death, but why not put blame where blame is due?

Iansa,

Sounds like the Beam may have lost it’s DHCP server assigned IP address, perhaps🤔?. Try powering off the Beam for 30 seconds, or so, and then power it back on and see if it reappears in the App and works after that. If not, then maybe check the ethernet cable.

Because in 99% of the cases, it’s an issue in the local network. Sonos isn’t without failures, but previous history certainly suggests something other than Sonos.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Because in 99% of the cases, it’s an issue in the local network. Sonos isn’t without failures, but previous history certainly suggests something other than Sonos.

If Sonos works great for 2 years, then Sonos issues an update and Sonos breaks, why suddenly is it the network’s fault?

Because an update requires a reboot, which causes an IP address request to the router.  And if your router has lost its IP table data due to a power failure or reboot, each Sonos can receive an IP that is still in use by another device.  This is what is called duplicate IPs, and it will cause these exact problems in Sonos.  Nothing Sonos can do about a wonky router, but you can solve the problem by doing a network refresh and then assigning IP addresses in the router settings.

Anyone else still having this issue? Been like this for my setup.  Beam and AMP does not show up in my apps anymore.

Anyone else still having this issue? Been like this for my setup.  Beam and AMP does not show up in my apps anymore.

No, my system is working okay here. Have you perhaps tried the suggestions mentioned and considered reserving your Sonos devices IP addresses in the routers DHCP reservation table?

No, my system is working okay here. Have you perhaps tried the suggestions mentioned and considered reserving your Sonos devices IP addresses in the routers DHCP reservation table?

Yup, looks like a router reset fixes everything. For anyone experiencing the same thing..  do a reset on your router.