Answered

Speakers missing or not connected after ISP change

• 20 January 2024
  • 3 replies

I tested out a new ISP and they changed my router gateway ip address. After I reset the router to my original ISP my Sonos speakers are not connecting to my system. I use a meshed Orbi RBR50 system, 2 satellites, and the speakers are not found sporadically. If i move all the speakers to my upper floor near the main router i can get them all to connect but when replacing them to their location they are either not founf or not connected again.

icon

Best answer by jgatie 20 January 2024, 20:44

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

After changing a router, you should do a full network refresh to make sure the IP addresses are cycled to new ones from the new router.  Do the following:

Reboot/power cycle your devices in the following order:

Router
Switches or hubs
Wired Sonos units
Wireless Sonos units
Computers/printers
Wireless devices - phones/tablets etc.

Allow each device to come back up before proceeding to the next.

I have done all that about 10 times already :-( Any other suggestions? It’s clearly an issue with the speakers not picking up the correct information from the Satellites and/or settings in the Sonos not being changed. I even tried re-adding a few devices when they were missing and they worked some and then were lost again. Is there a way to refresh the entire Sonos system without losing my add on services?

Wire one Sonos device to the main hub of the new router via the Ethernet port.  Then see if it connects.  If it does, change the SSID/password in the Sonos app to the new router’s credentials.