Skip to main content
Answered

speaker not working

• 24 March 2023
  • 1 reply

Hi, I have two play 3 speakers paired in my kitchen and had a power cut, once the power was back on only one speaker worked. Tried the reset options but still no joy. I have play 5 speakers paired in the conservatory, living room and play 3 speakers paired in the dining room all are working fine. Can you help.

regards. Dave

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

You may want to submit a system diagnostic  and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network. 

That being said, I’m always concerned when I hear the words “power cut”, which is generally followed by all sorts of fluctuations when it’s resumed. This tends to be inimical to computers, such as the Sonos speakers. And probably even more so on the older electronics in the PLAY:3s. I’ve got both of mine connected to a UPS/line filter for that reason. 

There really isn’t a lot this user community can help with power issues, other than suggesting double checking the fuses on the wall plug these devices are connected to.