Answered

Speaker disconnecting or not even listed in app

• 12 December 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3

Hoping someone can help here. I have a Sonos system of 7 speaker (3 x OneSL/Play1, 1 x Five, 2 x Beam, 1 x Move) plus a Boost that I’ve put together over a  number of years. Never had any issues (apart from teething problems with the Move) - and the system has served us well. Now suddenly connection to the speakers is flaky, sometimes they show as disconnected, sometimes they are not even listed in the app. . I’m finding this very frustrating, as are my daughters cos Dad can’t seem to fix it! I,ve power cycled all speakers and even followed the steps in the app to fix the issues but still keeps happening! This has been ongoing for about a week now - no issues before that,

Attached pictures show the various states of the system app in the space of around 10 minutes this evening

icon

Best answer by jgatie 12 December 2022, 20:01

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

If not tried already, see if switching off ‘Private WiFi Address’ (MAC spoofing) in the iOS network connection properties might solve/improve the Sonos device discovery issue. See attached screenshot.

Also as you are using an iPhone, consider disabling ‘WiFi calling’, which may also help.

Often after an update, the rebooting that occurs uncovers network problems. Specifically duplicate IP addresses. These will cause sporadic connections, disappearing components, etc. To solve, reboot/power cycle each of these in order:

Modem
Router
Hubs or switches
Wired Sonos components
Wireless Sonos components
Computers, printers
Phones, tablets, all other wireless devices

Note you can prevent duplicate IP dresses by reserving a permanent IP for each Sonos unit in your router setup. See your router manual for details.