Skip to main content
Question

Sonos wireless dropouts

• 27 June 2024
  • 5 replies

I have a 6 room Sonos system in a long single storey flat. The wireless was awful, so I have installed 3 Netgear wireless access points each connected by ethernet to the router.

The signal keeps dropping out randomly, but particularly when my upstairs neighbours are in.

I had a Sonos boost, but Sonos support have said this no longer supported, so I have removed it from the system.

1. Can I still go to a wired Sonos system? 2.Should I connect a speaker in each room group to ethernet? 

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Make sure the access points are all set to a fixed channel, and the same channel, choosing from channels 1,6 and 11. Check with your neighbour, explain the situation and ask them to do the same using a different channel. That may improve matters. 
If you can hardwire the speakers conveniently it’s a solution, but a shame to need to do so with wireless devices 😜

Hi community, to add... I cannot play any streaming music anymore since neighbours moved in with baby monitor, only radio. Is there any suggestions or any other music options to try that are like radio... I am gutted I cannot play my music any longer. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Speak to your neighbour and explain what’s happening. If that doesn’t work speak to the management agent for the flats and ask them to resolve it. The neighbour shouldn’t be allowed to cause this issue, which may be affecting other neighbours too. 

1. Would changing to a Wired setup, with a speaker in each room connected via Ethernet overcome the issues with the Sonos App, that are being widely discussed on this forum.
  2. Is there a Timeline for the Sonos App issues to be rectified.
  3. This is a very frustrating situation with wonderful hardware being so hard to control with the App.
Userlevel 5
Badge +12
  1. Would changing to a Wired setup, with a speaker in each room connected via Ethernet overcome the issues with the Sonos App, that are being widely discussed on this forum.
  2. Is there a Timeline for the Sonos App issues to be rectified.
  3. This is a very frustrating situation with wonderful hardware being so hard to control with the App.

What have you got to lose. If you are able to connect a main speaker like a soundbar or Five in each room, do that. I have my soundbar in the living room, five in the kitchen One in the dining room Amp in the basement all hardwired.