Answered

Sonos sub volume fixed - not changing with system volume

• 1 October 2023
  • 10 replies

I have a pair of stereo paired One gen 1 and a sub gen 3 as one system. Recently the sub volume is stuck either too high or too low. So when I play a song at normal to high volume there’s almost no bass at all. If I lower the system volume to really low the bass sound is too prominent. Sometimes the sub volume is too high. It seems the sub volume does not change with the system volume but is either stuck too low or too high. 

Anyone experienced this?

icon

Best answer by Schlumpf 1 October 2023, 21:45

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Disable the EQ loudness setting perhaps? 

Tried that, no difference. The sub volume on a way off so I don’t think it’s a settings thing. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Lalin 

Tried restarting the setup devices and also your router? 
If this doesn’t help, please remove the sub from the stereo pair via settings and add it again. 
Last option would be resetting the sub and the ones to factory settings and setting up them again. 
Also you can send a diagnosis from within the Sonos app. Call Sonos Support and tell them the diagnosis confirmation number. They will check if there’s a hardware problem. 

So far I have restarted everything and removed the sub and reset it and added it again to the ones. Problem persists. 

What did Sonos support say, after you called them with the diagnostic number, per @Schlumpf ‘s suggestion?

That i should add the sub to another system and add a different sub to the system that has a problem and see what happens. Haven’t had a chance to do that yet. 

I started having this same issue with two separate subs in different rooms. Started about 2 months or so ago. Exactly as you described. I have been in the Sonos ecosystem for over a decade and this is not normal behavior regarding the volume. They have a software glitch currently and need to resolve it. Frustrating 

Did you manage to find a solution?

The stereo pair of one's and gen3 sub in our kitchen has started doing this - the sub volume is completely disconnected from the speakers - turning the speakers down to 0 volume and the sub is still rumbling away.

Did you manage to find a solution?

The stereo pair of one's and gen3 sub in our kitchen has started doing this - the sub volume is completely disconnected from the speakers - turning the speakers down to 0 volume and the sub is still rumbling away.

I have a Sub Mini linked/bonded to a Sonos Ray and the Sub falls silent when I set the Ray’s volume to ‘0’ or Mute and all show a steady green light when muted too.

Similarly I have a Sub (gen3) linked to stereo pair of Fives and that works in the exact same way aswell.

Assuming your devices are not wired, it sounds like the 5Ghz adapter for the ad-hoc wireless connection isn’t working as it should be. It maybe best to reproduce the issue and then submit a Sonos system diagnostic report from within the Sonos App, note it’s reference and then contact/chat with Sonos Support Staff via this LINK and see what the Staff can perhaps suggest to resolve the matter.

Any solution found yet? I do have the exact same problem with 2 play 3 and a Sub in the kitchen since approx 2 months.