Answered

Sonos speakers won't connect nor factory reset

• 12 October 2023
  • 1 reply

I have 2 Sonos Subs, 1 Sonos Boost, 1 Sonos Playbar and 1 Sonos Play:3. I was able to pair all of them except for the Playbar yesterday to my Sonos app yesterday. The Playbar only had orange flashing light. However, when I moved them to a different location and tried to connect again today, it doesn’t work.

I have tried to factory reset them but for example, on the Sonos Play:3, I only managed to get the flashing orange light, which never turned green. The light on the Sonos Playbar does not turn on at all. Steps i took for the Playbar was: 

1. Turned off power.
  2. Press and hold on the play/pause button, then turning on the power.
  3. Waited for the light on the speaker to turn flashing orange (which did not happen), then green .

The same goes for the Sonos Play:3, which only differs in that there was orange light but no green light. 

Other things I had done was:

1. Connect the speaker to ethernet
  2. Switched wires for the speakers
  3. Reset my system on my app

Since it had worked yesterday, chances are that the speakers are not spoilt, but I have no idea why they don’t work or even flash.

icon

Best answer by Corry P 13 October 2023, 10:13

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @aprilw 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Generally, we don’t recommend factory resetting unless you are specifically instructed to do so by us - it usually just creates more work for the user without actually fixing anything. If the speakers don’t reset when the correct procedure is followed, it generally means they will never work again. However, my first suspicion is that you weren’t following the procedure correctly - it tends to be much more likely. Did you keep holding the button after applying power? You need to do so, or the reset won’t happen.

Does your new location include a new router? If so, that is probably the source of your problems and you should stop trying to reset. I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports. You seem to be using a different email here than the one your system is registered to, so I can’t check the current status of your system to assist further.

To move to a new router, all you should have needed to do is connect your Boost to the new router - if that didn’t work, it’s likely settings on the new router that need to be changed rather than your system which needs reset. The team will assist you with this too.

I hope this helps.