Skip to main content
Question

Sonos Ray - unable to register device to my account

• 10 May 2024
  • 9 replies

I have been using Sonos for several years. I have a play and a one SL. I just bought a Sonos Ray. I went to install it yesterday and the app prompted me to download an update. I did that and the Sonos is coming up in the Sonos app. But when I go through the steps to register it, it’s saying that it can’t register to my account I have, checked that it is on the same Wi-Fi account that my other devices are on and my other devices are still working. But I still can’t register the device. I gave it 24 hours and tried again and it won’t register. I have tried to call helpdesk, but it’s a 70 minute wait both times I’ve tried , does anyone know how to get it registered? I’ve rebooted and I’ve reset factory settings before and rebooted Wi-Fi. Also tried ethernet cable. Any help would be appreciated. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

I am having the exact same issue!! We have 3 of the One SL’s. Just got the Ray. The app finds the Ray, but then gets stuck when it tries to link it to the account and then it says “not registered”. Hold time tonight (5/9/24) is 115 minutes ☹️

Userlevel 1

I stayed on hold for 100 minutes and got someone. Then it took like 40-50 minutes to figure out. There were a lot of steps. But maybe try going to Account in the sonos app and sign out. Then turn off the  wifi on your phone or whatever device has the app on it. Then turn wifi back on. Go to sonos app and go to account and sign in. Then click Gears. Click on the ray and follow the prompts.

when your prompted about optical cable make sure your audio/sound settings on the tv are off. Yours may do this I had to figure out how to turn it off. 

Couldn’t figure it out with support but something I clicked when I got off did the trick. 

Userlevel 1

If using wifi then make sure all devices are logged into same wifi account, not guest accounts if you them.when I turned off and on the wifi it switched to a guest account on my phone. 

Userlevel 1

Fyi I still can’t get the True tune to finish the process…..

Ok thanks for the info! I was able to get it all to work on the first try by simply using the old version of the app (brown app icon) on my wife’s phone… 😂 Only thing is now it doesn’t like my tv remote so I have to change the volume on the phone, which is annoying… working on that next. 

Badge

I stayed on hold for 100 minutes and got someone. Then it took like 40-50 minutes to figure out. There were a lot of steps. But maybe try going to Account in the sonos app and sign out. Then turn off the  wifi on your phone or whatever device has the app on it. Then turn wifi back on. Go to sonos app and go to account and sign in. Then click Gears. Click on the ray and follow the prompts.

when your prompted about optical cable make sure your audio/sound settings on the tv are off. Yours may do this I had to figure out how to turn it off. 

Couldn’t figure it out with support but something I clicked when I got off did the trick. 

Thanks for the post.  It works!  I could not get either Amp or Port to register and get back online.  The steps you described worked:  Logged out, turned off Wifi, turned back on Wifi and logged in again.  I had to log out and log in to enable registration of each product separately.  Glad to resolve it.  I have wasted hours. 

Having exact same issue. Will try these steps. Thanks. 

Thank you so much for the post, we had exactly these issues also after a lot of trying finally got it going after using your steps. 

If your registration fails because of FW update error. Try to update via Windows desktop app and then login/Logout in phone app or reset app. That worked for me.