Answered

SONOS Play:5 will not connect to network

• 12 April 2024
  • 9 replies

Evey time I try to connect to my Play:5 on another network, I get all te way through until the last process, where I get the last message (see below).  We tried this on other wi-fi networks and get the same message.  All other Sonos connect without a problem.

icon

Best answer by burkeh 17 April 2024, 16:53

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Try connecting an Ethernet cable temporarily and try again. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Does your setup meet these requirements?

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/supported-wifi-modes-and-security-standards-for-sonos-products

Tried the Ethernet cable.  Still won’t work.

When I connect to the Ethernet, I do get further to the point that it updated firmware and shows in the Sono app with a picture of a wrench.  It then says “There was a problem linking your Play:5 to your account.

I was able to connect and play the Play:5 through Ethernet but not sure how to covert over to wireless.  When I disconnect from Ethernet it doesn’t allow me to connect to the wireless.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

You should be able to set the WiFi credentials in the system while it is still connected via cable.

I make sure Wi-Fi is enabled but as soon as I disconnect from the Ethernet, the Sono Play 5 (Deck) disappears from the Sono app and need to go through the add device again.  I’m starting to think this may be an issue with the speaker.  All other speakers and sound bars connect fine.  

Update:  I contacted Sono.  Got a diagnostic through the ethernet connection and there is a Wi-Fi fault in the speaker.  They are sending me a new Sono Play 5, once I return mine with their shipping label.  Overall happy since it was several years old.

Note: the name of the company is Sonos, not Sono. Glad they’re resolving the issue for you!