Answered

sonos play 1s speakers refuse to connect to netgear nighthawk

• 11 June 2024
  • 8 replies

So I've tried everything tried over 15 times to connect to the app I tried customer support my father when he used to use these (yes they are so old they have been passed down) he said they were High maintenance but they won't even set up I've tried ethernet and WiFi it's just not working 

icon

Best answer by Troubled toirtess 12 June 2024, 10:51

View original

8 replies

There is a possibility, if they haven’t been updated in a while (the whole ‘passed down’ thing), that the current firmware in them isn’t able to be updated using the normal process. Instead, you may need to call Sonos Support directly to discuss it. They can often generate a special update for you, depending on your devices and the data needed, and provide you access to that. I did that once, years ago. 

I'll try that,first I have to wait till customer service is available thanks for that it seems like it might work,if I don't get these to work I might try and sell them (warning the buyer about the defect)

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

So I've tried everything tried over 15 times to connect to the app I tried customer support my father when he used to use these (yes they are so old they have been passed down) he said they were High maintenance but they won't even set up I've tried ethernet and WiFi it's just not working 

Do you have any Ethernet cables? Temporarily wiring the Play 1s to your Nighthawk should allow you to update their firmware … after which they ought to work wirelessly. Odds are Sonos support will suggest this, so you might as well get a jump. Fingers crossed, it will get you up and running! 

In fact I said I tried customer support and ethernet,sadly no luck but thanks for trying to help! The customer support did say use ethernet I really think the first reply will work I will try to do it Tomorrow I have high hopes (I'm also crossing my finger lol 🤣)

Ethernet does help in some cases, but not in all cases. 

If you read threads in this forum, you’ll see a lot of people seem to be having issues with S2 v80.x, not all the kinks seem to have been worked out yet. There a schedule for ongoing fixes according to this FAQ article. But I don’t think that article is a definitive list of all issues. 

My understanding is that the FAQ article will be updated as needed.

You may need some patience. And I’ve not found any third party apps that can do setup, which you’re trying to do. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Why are you blaming netgear ?

I am not blaming Netgear I love it,rather I am stating it's a netgear nighthawk,while I'm here might as well say I have dual banded my network before any confusion about that's starts (I do not mean this in a harsh tone in any way 😊)

Ok I found it,that first guy was right I think,I just had to use my pc all you do is go through the update process get to the error code 1101 then go to your pc and it will find the devices and update them thanks to customer support and airgetlam!