Answered

Sonos One volume issue - automatically changes to low

• 14 February 2024
  • 9 replies

Looking for some help please. 
I have two One speakers in my restaurant as stereo. 
They work via my iPad on AirPlay. 
What’s happened for a few days now is that the volume on all apps (Apple Music app, Spotify and sonos) is automatically adjusting itself back to about 10% on the volume bar. Regardless of where you put the volume it snaps back to about 10%. It’s infuriating and despite being around 10% you can’t hear anything. 
I’ve seen some articles about overheating but they’re not hot. I’ve also seen articles about software updates but the speakers seem up to date (the Sonos app doesn’t offer updates) and my iOS is up to date. 
I will also mention volume settings such as ones that won’t let it go above a certain level are turned off. 
if anybody has a remedy for this I would be thrilled. Thanks 

Moderator edit: changed “Bluetooth” to “AirPlay” for clarity

icon

Best answer by Mr. T 14 February 2024, 13:25

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7

Try unpairing the speakers via Bluetooth and forgetting the devices on the iPad. Then separate the Ones as a stereo pair and unplug the speakers from power for a couple of minutes. Plug them back in and set them up as a stereo pair. Reboot the iPad and pair it with the Ones again via Bluetooth.

Userlevel 7

The Ones don’t have Bluetooth connectivity. 

AirPlay then

Userlevel 7

AirPlay then

What happens with the volume when you play music using the Sonos app?

Check the volume of AirPlay 2 using the buttons on the iPad. And make sure those buttons aren’t ‘stuck’. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Has anyone accessed them via Spotify? That can cause lingering access, from some other threads on here…

AirPlay then

What happens with the volume when you play music using the Sonos app?

The same as Apple Music. I would post a video if I could. You slide the bar up with your finger and it sticks for like 5 seconds max and then it jumps back down to approx 10% with no sound

Has anyone accessed them via Spotify? That can cause lingering access, from some other threads on here…

Doing the same thing in Apple music  and Sonos and Spotify and the control panel music volume bar. Its annoying as *!

*Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.*

Userlevel 7

Recreate the issue, submit a diagnostic and contact Sonos Support to discuss.

They should be able to determine the cause of the volume lowering.