Answered

sonos one sl / move with tv

• 19 August 2023
  • 10 replies

Badge

Can I use 2 sonos one sl, or 2 sonos move as my main tv speakers without any other product?

Thank you

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 19 August 2023, 21:36

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

You can use two One SL.  You cannot use two Move (or any other portable battery powered unit like Roam). 

Badge

Thank you!

Half a moment…what’s your plan on how to get the TV’s signal to theses Sonos Ones? To @jgatie ’s point, they can be used as surrounds, but as main speakers? There are more challenges there to be discussed.

Badge

To be more exact, I was wondering whether I could use the sonos one sls as the main speakers of the tv ( having them placed along with the tv ) or even as a surround, by using them as side or rear speakers with the tv as the main speaker. Excuse my poor usage of terminology, I just started looking into the home cinema world. I bought a pair of Sonos one sls mostly for Spotify, and I was thinking whether I could use them as a starter home cinema equipment. Does that make sense?

Thank you Airgetlam

No.  You can use them as surrounds with an Arc, Beam, Ray, or Amp + passive speakers as fronts.

No need to apologize…I just wanted to be certain that we’re both talking the same language, and in this world, it’s easy to make assumptions.

So, the real current answer to your question is no. The Sonos Ones can not be used to replace or augment your TV’s speakers as is. Sonos does make several sound bars (the Ray, the Beam, the Arc) that can be used to connect to the TV, and those Ones can be then used as surrounds connected to that sound bar. But neither the Roam or Move can be used as surrounds.

I suspect you need to do a bit more reading and research before committing on a next step. But, at least to my knowledge, there really isn’t a great way to add speakers to a TV without that foundational sound bar, be it Sonos’ or someone else’s. And of course, none of these manufacturers want you to mix and match, so whichever way you go for the TV room, you’re like stuck there. Being a Sonos user myself, that’s not a bad thing, but if I were to try to mix in some BOSE surrounds, for instance, that wouldn’t work.

Badge

Okay. They are arriving in a day or two, so if I am satisfied with the sound I might get a sound bar to complete the set 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

We have a Beam and an Arc and the improvement over the TV speakers is huge.

Badge

Another question. Would it sound good if I had 2 Sonos  sl ones paired, 2 Sonos moves paired, those 4 grouped, and having them placed one on each corner of a squared room? ( for music )

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Some folks like four-corner stereo sound and it can be a bit more even although a lot of positioning information is lost.

You might try using them as four-corner mono as well, that is really nice for a party or background music.

Today I’d seriously look at the 100s over any of the One variants. I’m betting ( I don’t have any) that they would sound particularly good in the four-corner setup as individual speakers.