sonos one set on top of sub?

• 22 May 2023
  • 5 replies

This seems kind of dumb and I would never consider this setup with anything other than Sonos.  Small room setting one on top of sub.  This spot seems the best place but speaker on top of sub just seems wrong

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

While the Sonos sub does a fair job of isolating itself, I wouldn’t want to put a speaker on top of it. I’d move either the Sonos One, or the Sonos sub somewhere else, so they don’t need to be in the same place. 

That was my thought.  I am going to move the sub and use speaker stands for the rear speakers.. Thank you for the response...g

No worries, or more specifically, you’re quite welcome.

You didn’t think you were going to get dispensation for this abomination, did you? ;)

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

I think you can still get a wall mount for the Sub, if that helps with locations? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I’d not worry so much about the sound but the radio issues.

I had a pair of Play 1s stacked one on top of the other on a bookshelf as surrounds to my Arc. Yes it was a really dumb idea but the spouse didn’t want any speakers “back there” and it was a compromise. While the surround sound was pretty decent all considered I was getting slow wake-ups on my Sonos S2 Apps, going from the usual 5 seconds to 20 plus.

Several good suggestions from the community here once Sonos staff looked at a Diagnostic and realized the RF interference from being so close was the issue. Moving them 30 inches apart solved the interference issue and was acceptable to the spouse.

A similar issue was happening between a Beam (displaced by the Arc and re-roomed) and a Play 3. They were in different rooms and I’d never thought they would be fighting each other but the diagnostic got me looking. Turns out they were inches apart, just on opposite sides of a common wall. Moving them as far apart as possible, about 20 inches also solved that issue.

Sonos suggests 3 feet apart but even a few extra inches can help.