sonos one discontinued?

• 13 March 2023
  • 7 replies

So, I recently bought an Arc, Sub and two Sonos Ones. If I buy the new replacement speakers, what am I supposed to do with the expensive Ones I just bought? 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7

Sonos is a multi-room audio system. You can place the Ones in another area of your home to enjoy music in that location.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Or keep the Ones and don’t buy the more expensive Era 100s 😀

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Sonos has a 90 day return policy so if “recently” fits then return them. Oh and the Ones are not expensive.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Sonos One SL on offer in Costco

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

They make great gifts, just make sure to Factory Reset them before handing them over.

SONOS products retain a good fraction of their original cost when sold online.

If I recall correctly, there was a stated intention in one of those press releases that the Sonos One wouldn’t be going “away” immediately, so I’d expect some period of time before they get “retired”. Of course, Sonos has previously said that they’ll support any speakers at least 5 years after they “retire” them. I still use quite a few PLAY:1s in my home, and they stopped being sold in 2017, and still working well for me. I don’t anticipate that changing any time soon.