Skip to main content

does anyone know what the hardwire connection is called on the sonos 1? i have a first gen if that makes any difference.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Ethernet or SonosNet do you mean? 

Ethernet would be hardwired to all Sonos devices, SonosNet would be if the unwired portions if some devices are not wired and some are. If all devices are unwired, it would be on WiFi. 

I believe the OP is referring to the ethernet port.

Possible, but not all Sonos devices have one. 

@grsoccer Wired networks do not usually have a name. What are you trying to achieve?

Or he may be referring to an audio in jack, again something that not all have - unfortunately, IMO.

@Pools-3015 , that is the one, i am trying to see if i can hardwire two of my 1's to a turntable, that has a preamp. May not be possuble but, wanting to trying it out :)

@Pools-3015 , that is the one, i am trying to see if i can hardwire two of my 1's to a turntable, that has a preamp. May not be possuble but, wanting to trying it out :)

To do that you will need a Sonos device that has a line input. Connect S15, Era100 with Sonos’s auxiliary adapter or a Port. Everything thing else is over $500.00. Then you can group the 1s with that device.

That Ethernet port is exactly that, an Ethernet port. It needs to be connected to a router to receive appropriate information. It can not be directly connected to a turntable or a preamp. Those would be connected to a Sonos audio (analog) line in, and not the Ethernet port.