Answered

Sonos Move Wifi 2 Passwords

• 19 May 2023
  • 8 replies

Hi everyone and thank you in advance. 

I bought a sonos move and would like to set it up but my WiFi needs 2 different passwords in order to accept new devices. Sonos sadly only let's me put in one password so I can't connect my new device with the WiFi. Any way around that or a different kind of solution?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 19 May 2023, 14:58

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Not sure what you mean by two different passwords. Usually, there is the SSID and an associated password for a normal network. 

Do you mean that there is also a ‘login page’ that you have to go through to get connected? Sonos has no support for those kinds of connections, frequently seen in situations like hotels and universities. Where feasible, it is recommended that a travel router is used, it will allow an interface to do the extra login procedure, and then create the appropriate network for the Sonos and controller devices to connect to, which does not have that extra ‘login’ page. 

Yes that's what I mean 

Thank you 

Is there support for 2 SSIDs?

I figured it out, it’s strange hierarchy to say the least

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Networks with a log in page are found in hotels etc. and almost always prohibit devices from “seeing” each other, making it impossible to control a Sonos device from your phone. Since you seem to have succeeded in this, can you tell us what your use case is?

Yes exactly that is my problem but i havent figured out a way of solving it. Would be very nice if JP Winchester could share how he did it.

Yes exactly that is my problem but i havent figured out a way of solving it. Would be very nice if JP Winchester could share how he did it.

Your issue is not the same, as yours is a login-screen to the network, not a second separate SSID - The workaround for you is a travel router. Connect the travel router to the local network and then connect the Sonos product to the Travel Routers WiFi network instead.

I will probably just ask someone for a hotspot afterwards i can use the bluetooth option.