Skip to main content
  1. 3 hours with Sonos tech support
  2. Daily reboot of router, daily unplug and power up all six Sonos speakers 
  3. Daily reinstall of Sonos app 
  4. Total hours per week dealing with Sonos  connectivity issues - 12
  5. I’m about to sell off the whole system on Craigslist and go back to wired speakers. Too much of my time being spent with Sonos connectivity issues. 

System - 5 Sonos One speakers and one Sonos Roam. In an apartment building in NYC with 300 other apartments. Spectrum wifi. I’ve configured and reconfigured the modem. I’ve rebooted, restarted, factory resetted, deleted, reinstalled and all to no avail. The only way to make it work - 1. Unplug all speakers, uninstall and reinstall app, reboot router and then do it again later in the day when the system falls apart again. 

Anyone want to buy six Sonos speakers? 

Are any of the Ones close enough to your router where you can wire one of them with an ethernet cable?

Have you set static/reserved IP addresses for your Sonos devices from the router’s DHCP page?

If not try that, power down all Sonos. Reboot router and controller(s) and then power the Sonos back up.

Spectrum routers have a very checkered history. If you search the Internet, you can find many “fires” burning. The best solution would be to install your own router and don’t use Spectrum’s WiFi. Wiring one of your speakers to the router will help, but I don’t think that this will be the final solution. SONOS requires more robust network support than a simple phone or TV accessing the Internet.

Same issue and no resolution

Same issue and no resolution

This thread has given three possible resolutions.  Did you try them? 

Yes, tried assigning static IP addresses. Did not work. Will change the router to see if that works. Very good idea. Much appreciated.