Answered

Sonos five activates trueplay even when this function is turned off

• 18 December 2022
  • 7 replies

Badge +1

When I transfer my music from Spotify to my Sonos Five, the sound is heard as when you have trueplay activated but in my case I have it turned off, I have to go to the settings to turn the trueplay button on and off so that it sounds normal again.  I don't know if this has to do with the Sonos Roam when it used the Sound Swap function with the five and it would have had something configured from the other speaker, this problem did not happen to me before, I hope someone knows about it.

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 19 December 2022, 13:13

View original

7 replies

@Angel24,

So, are you playing music originally to your Sonos Roam from the Spotify ‘native’ App (via Airplay/Connect?) and then you SoundSwap the playing Spotify audio to a Sonos Five?

The Five speaker initially has Trueplay disabled, but you mention that it becomes enabled - is it the case that you see the TP ‘on/off’ toggle button in the Sonos App enable itself, or not? If not, are you saying you simply hear a difference when you toggle the TP ‘on’ and then ‘off’ again? Only it can take a short time to adjust the playing audio when you toggle the TP button on and off, so perhaps give it a little time to adjust between those two modes.

If I have that wrong, can you perhaps describe the steps that you take and what you see & hear.

Badge +1

1- First I clarify that I no longer have the Sonos Roam because I sold it, I had it for 9 months.

2- I send music from Spotify through the application, I don't use airplay.  

3- I don't use trueplay because I don't like how the horn sounds with tuning, so I keep it deactivated. (The bass loses depth and punch with trueplay).  

4-when the sound change happens, I enter the Sonos application and see that trueplay is deactivated so I click the button to activate it and then again to deactivate it and that is when my sound configuration that I have with the Sonos EQ returns , which would be Bass +1 and Treble +2.  

5- This didn't happen to me before, I think something might have changed when I used the sound swap from my Roam to Five.  and the configuration of the Five itself or in the application will have been affected and it will be up to Sonos to verify it.  

6- I have always used the Sonos S2 application and the problem happens using my S10+ or ​​if I use my ipad air 4, I repeat, I do not use airplay.

Okay so you start the music using Spotify App playing to your Five speaker (I assume you use Spotify ‘Connect’ to select the speaker?) and then switch to the Sonos App and when you toggle on/off Trueplay you hear a noticeable increase in bass/treble. I hope those are the correct steps. I will try to reproduce that here and see if I notice it too. I will let you know.

The fact you can reproduce it easily though I would suggest you reproduce the issue and immediately submit a Sonos diagnostic report from the ‘Settings/Support’ area of the Sonos App. Make a note of the reference generated, and when practicable, contact/chat to Sonos Support Staff about the matter via this LINK and see what they can suggest to resolve the matter.

Okay I Trueplay tuned a pair of Fives that I have here called ‘Fireplace’ and switched off Trueplay - I increased the bass/treble to +5 to try to help with any differences to maybe stand out with Trueplay being toggled on/off. 

I played music to the room using the Spotify App and switched to the Sonos App and all I heard was a difference between toggling Trueplay on/off as normal I didn’t notice that the speakers originally played with Trueplay on. So I’m not able to reproduce the issue here but maybe Sonos Support Staff can check your diagnostic report to see if they can notice anything and then take it from there.

I hope that assists.

Userlevel 7

If you don’t use Trueplay with your Five, temporarily configure your Sub with the Five, then move the Sub back to it’s original room. That will delete the Trueplay settings stored with the Five.

Badge +1

the trueplay problem remains, I did a trueplay in another room and then put the speaker back in its place and turned off trueplay and put my personal EQ setting but when I send music to the Five the trueplay profile is activated even when it is turned off.  I have to go to the menu look for trueplay turn it on and off to deactivate it.

Userlevel 7

the trueplay problem remains, I did a trueplay in another room and then put the speaker back in its place and turned off trueplay and put my personal EQ setting but when I send music to the Five the trueplay profile is activated even when it is turned off.  I have to go to the menu look for trueplay turn it on and off to deactivate it.

I would recommend you speak to Sonos Support as the behaviour you are experiencing is not typical.