Skip to main content
Answered

Sonos Era 100 playing Samsung TV sound over Bluetooth

I connected my Era 100 to my Samsung TV using Bluetooth.  It worked fine for about a fortnight but now there is only silence.  The TV indicates that it thinks it is outputting audio to the Era and the Era is is indicating that it is Bluetooth connected but there is no sound.  The Sonos App indicates that the volume on the speaker is at max.  I have tried rebooting both the TV and the speaker and also re-pairing but no sound is heard.  As it used to work any suggestions for why it is no longer working?

Hi @Phantom_cyclist, welcome to the Sonos Community!

The Sonos Era 100 wasn’t designed to be connect to a TV via Bluetooth and, due to the bandwidth of TV audio, maybe cut out or not play at all.

Rebooting and repairing are what I would I would suggest, but you could also try pairing the Era 100 to another device, such as your phone, and testing if Bluetooth outputs any sound when connected in that way. If you’re not getting audio from any Bluetooth music source, then please submit a diagnostics and reply here with the confirmation number so I can take a look into your system.

If you are getting audio when connected a Bluetooth music source, then this would point to the TV not sending the information to the Era 100 or the Era 100 isn’t able to process the TV audio information. Unfortunately I can’t help you troubleshoot the issue of no audio from the Era 100 when using Bluetooth with your TV, as this isn’t supported and we would instead recommend you use one of our Soundbars or a Sonos Amp to connect to the TV via HDMI or Optical.

I hope this information helps.

Thanks Jamie. I realise it was a use that the Era was designed for. It is just strange that it worked for a couple of weeks then stopped! Music from other devices works fine to it. Thanks again.

Hi, 

I seem to be having the same issues when connected to a TV. However, when I connect a phone via Bluetooth to the speakers it doesn't play audio as well.  

Hi, 

I seem to be having the same issues when connected to a TV. However, when I connect a phone via Bluetooth to the speakers it doesn't play audio as well.  

It maybe worth trying to delete (unpair) and then re-pair the speaker to your BT sending device and try the music audio playback again, if that still fails then perhaps submit a Sonos system diagnostic report from within the Sonos App shortly after the BT music audio fails, and either note/post it’s reference back here and then contact/chat with Sonos Support Staff via this LINK  and see what the Staff can suggest to resolve the matter.