Answered

Sonos cannot connect to Wifi network after factory reset

• 30 January 2024
  • 1 reply

Hello Sonos Community - please help! :)

I had 1 Play 5 Gen 2 and 2 Play 1s (Gen 1) connected to my Virgin Media WiFi for 3 years no problem. I came back from holiday and it wasn’t connecting on my phone, and forgetting i had a VPN on, factory reset the Sonos. I realised afterwards it was because i had the VPN on my phone. The VPN is now deleted.

But I cannot get it to connect again, despite hours of resetting everything on the phone with Sonos Support. From some chat rooms I think it might be because IP addresses have been given out to different devices and this can confuse it..

The temporary network does connect but then it gets stuck, so it seems like maybe my phone cannot connect the temporary WiFi network?

It’s the same wifi as before no changed settings

any ideas pleaseee?

thanks!

icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 30 January 2024, 23:38

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I do wish Sonos had made the usually unneeded and aggravation causing Factory Reset much harder to do.

I’d power down all Sonos.

Wire one to your router, power it up and do another Factory Reset to clear anything you may have done to it.

Follow the set up a new system steps to get the first working.

Power up, reset and add the rest one at a time.

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/reset-your-sonos-product

Resetting all products within your system will permanently delete your system’s data. It cannot be restored.

We do not recommend resetting your Sonos product as a troubleshooting step.