Answered

Sonos and Amazon Music

• 13 January 2023
  • 8 replies

Does anyone else have issues with Sonos speakers when playing from Amazon music? I have 8 Sonos One and EVERY TIME I attempt to play an Amazon playlist the music just continuously cuts out from one speaker to the next. Also, after about a minute, the track cuts to the next. I’ve done the usual Sonos recommendations: reboot modem, boost, each speaker…. Nothing works. If I play any of my own music it does not happen. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

icon

Best answer by John B 14 January 2023, 00:20

View original

8 replies

Hi. No problems on my system. Are you playing on all 8 speakers in sync?

Do you have a wired speaker or are they all wireless?

Hi John. They are all wireless and all speakers are grouped together. 

OK thanks. 

Does your network include any extenders or access points? Do you have a mesh system?

No extenders, access points or mesh. Just the sonos boost connected to the pc. 

Why do you have the Sonos Boost connected to a PC?

In the Sonos app, under About my System, do the speakers show as WM÷0 or WM=1

Sorry. I meant to say that the boost is connected to my modem. And all my speakers show as WM 0

Sounds like wmevthing is set up as it should be. Slightly odd that it is just Amazon Music is the only problem, unless you have a slow Internet connection? 

It's probably interference but it may be best to reserve IP addresses for Sonos speakers in your router.

Keep the Boost at least 3 feet from the router. The WiFi channel and SonosNet channel should be well separated. WiFi channel width should be 20MHz.

Group from the speaker that's likely to have the strongest connection to the Boost.  

If  there are still issues then there are other things we can look at.

Thank you for this advise John. I will try everything and see how it goes. Most appreciated.